Remove a desktop theme

Hi Frog, do you remember how you installed it?

You could also try; sudo apt-get purge kubuntu-desktop

1 Like

I'm not sure exactly what happened but this desktop is running a lot faster than it did last time .... all the folders are opening up just fine (if I can find out how to single click instead of double click) ....

Also I need to find out how to make text larger but I had to do that in Gnome so it should be to hard ....

Maybe I'll just leave it installed and play with it some more .....

Still can't understand why I can't unstall it though .....

Thanks for your help guys ..... if I decide to uninstall it later I'll let you know ... :+1:

2 Likes

Yes I installed it in the terminal using the command kde-full .... I forgot who did a write up on it on the board ....

swarfendor437 did a post on it and I followed it ... no trouble installing it ....

sudo apt-get install kde-full .....

Well after all the suggestions above and all the different terminal commands I tried I finally found the solution .....

plasma-desktop is a metapackage: one that just points to others to install. I believe the way to remove KDE is to run sudo apt-get purge plasma-*, but please be careful and make sure the remove list mainly has packages that involve KDE.

TheWanderer

I tried to give KDE a fair shot .... even went back several times to try and get used to it ..... but every time I went back to Cinnamon somethings were screwed up ....

All the settings in my Vivaldi browser were changed from the appearance to my passwords gone .... KDE's fault ??? ... all I can say is none of the other desktops I have did that ....

There were a bunch of new apps installed from KDE to my Cinnamon desktop creating havoc with my apps there .... from my folder .... screenshots .... and others seemed to be taken over by KDE items .... even some apps showing up in my start up menu ... (those I could easily stop by shutting them off) but I still have no idea what they were ....

The problem with the speed was 100% better this last time around after I did so many things in the terminal trying to delete the KDE desktop so that was not an issue ....

This is just my experience with KDE and if it had been my only desktop it might have been OK for me to get used to but it was just to much for me to start it up and tinker with it then have to shut down and start Cinnamon up and tinker with it to get it back the way I like it ....

Please don't be discouraged by my experiences it may be just fine for you but as the old saying goes "different strokes for different folks" ....

A big thanks to all of you that tried to help me solve this problem .... I do appreciate it ......

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.