Right way to update meson?

Why do they show up? Can they be turned off?

In Gnome Desktop, they cannot be turned off. However, they can be turned off for the Home User on other Desktop Environments. If you are a Zorin OS Lite user, then you can disable the wayward CSD's on applications that cause them to not match the rest of the D.E.
This is done using gtk3-nocsd package.

sudo apt install gtk3-nocsd

That's it. No need to do anything else. After restarting and logging into Cinnamon or XFCE or whatever non-Gnome D.E. you are using, the CSD's are gone and all applications use the Proper Window Borders.

I am on the Core version. Will this work there as well?

It will not.
The package gtk3-nocsd is for Window Managed Desktops. Gnome is not one; it dumps window management on the Client, instead.

So is there no solution for core then?

Not on the Sidetopic we were just engaged in. But I think the current actual issue was the two apps not following the same theme.
And I just finally had my wee little brain percolate a thought...
Is that other app a QT app?
QT apps do not follow gtk theme--- But they can be Made To Do so.
If you could please check if the apps in question are QT based and not GTK based, that would answer the question and point us toward the solution.

1 Like

It is GTK based. The same happens to all Flatpaks.

I wonder if I am supposed to execute some program when starting i3wm or something. Currently I run this: exec --no-startup-id gnome-settings-daemon

But again, to get Flatpaks to display themes properly on the Gnome env on my machine (I believe it wasn't this bad in Z15.3) I had to manually give them permission in Flatseal, so I am not sure.

1 Like

Yes... It may well be due to using i3 Desktop. Which I have personally never used. I am ignorant about its ins and outs.

I thought that having Zorin themes available as Flatpaks were precisely so issues like this (at least on the Gnome side, that is) wouldn't happen. So users didn't have to manually turn on sketchy permissions in an app (Flatseal) that is not baked in.

Prob not the cause, but could this have anything to do with it? I was a beta tester.

We would recommend users of Zorin OS 16 Beta to perform a clean install upgrade to Zorin OS 16 in order to run the latest and most stable software.

Me too, actually.

No, I am sorry to say that is not the cause. Beta really did update right into being the same as core.
It is wiser for the ZorinGroup to advice a fresh install than it is for them to contend with users blaming them if Beta Breaks in some way.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.