Run commands for other linux installation from another in the same computer

How can I run commands from my zorin installation to ubuntu installation. Like remove, create folders, update grub etc. etc.

1 Like

I am a bit confused. Can you rephrase?

1 Like

I think their asking, if they were to switch to straight Ubuntu, could they use the same terminal commands that they use in Zorin.

Since Zorin is built on Ubuntu, I think its very likely that you can use the same commands. But I can tell you right now, there is no way in heck that your gonna enjoy straight Ubuntu over Zorin lol.

1 Like

I feel different. I think OP has two installations, Ubuntu and Zorin in his/her device and wants to use commands from Zorin to do actions in Ubuntu. (I could be extremely wrong)

1 Like

Yes you're right
By the way I am "his" :smiley:

1 Like

Have you ever successfully done this before. Like on an other distro

Nope, I don't believe in doing anything related to remote desktop, remote operation of computers, I don't consider it safe. And because I have no experience with that, I have no advice.

1 Like

Nope :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct me if I am wrong, I feel like that it is not possible.

Okay. I was just asking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

khnome, are you talking about Ubuntu and Zorin dual booting on one machine or both installed separately on different machines?

1 Like

It says same computer in title :expressionless:

1 Like

If so, a user can Mount the partition containing the other distro and then send terminal commands to it. In fact, many of us use this method when we need to fix a broken installation by booting from the Live Zorin OS Medium, then mounting the installed copy and sending commands to it.
There are many tutorials on the web for mounting a partition in Ubuntu 20.04.

1 Like

I knew when I wrote this that you will get in here and tell that I am wrong. That's why I said correct me if I am wrong. :crazy_face:

What makes this funny is that I had not even seen that post. I had to scroll up and look to see what you were talking about.:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And without Live Zorin OS Medium is it possible?

1 Like

Yes, the principles are exactly the same. You are just booting into Zorin OS on Partition instead of on USB.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.