Screen goes blank

Hey
So since I have installed Zorin OS I'm facing a serious problem :slightly_smiling_face:. The screen goes black when ever I left the machine untouched. I know that I can adjust the screen timing in XFCE Power manager but it's of no use. I have literally set blank the screen option to never. I usually use my desktop to write my notes. So it's really frustrating πŸ₯². How can I fix that?

Can you try running this command in terminal:

sudo xset 0 0

I have actually done that in Setting editor menuπŸ˜…

I understand, but the terminal command is a bit more thorough, whereas the GUI settings Manager can actually leave some configuration files out.
The xset deals with the X window management itself.
The GUI often deals with the Screensaver or the Power manager.

There are several xset commands you can also try:

xset s off

xset s noblank

xset -dpms

xset dpms 0 0 0

2 Likes

It is not working. I have tested all the commands but it's not working.

Do you have more than One D.E. installed?
Do you have Screensavers installed?
Have you installed, then later removed, D.E.'s or Screensaver apps that you tried out but ended up removing?

No, I have only one Desktop Environment and I also didn't tried to install Screensaver

I am at a loss, then. The above xset commands should have worked if all else didn't.
I wonder if there is a corruption in the initial installation - which also is why the status Tray Plugin is not showing up either...

You might be right. Actually my pc is a real Potato pcπŸ˜‚ that's why that could be the case

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.