UNRESOLVED - Screen randomly loses resolution/colors

That sounds like the ideal way to be a mechanic. I did a short stint at the local Ford dealership and loved it. They got bought out and it turned into a "squeeze the last cent out of everyone you can" thing.

My dad and I both enjoy cars. He's a little more old school hot rodding and I'm a cool old car but focus on racing guy. I'm building an 89 Mustang, he's building a 94 Mustang and my brother just picked up a turbo 92 Mustang.

1 Like

This is a welcome response. the usual reaction I get is the "Oh you're JUST a mechanic."
:expressionless:
A lot of people seem to think we don't need to know math to do mechanical. I use calculus more often than trig.
In the shop, when someone comes in with that attitude, I like to point at something like a Dana 7:62 and ask them to toss me the appropriate speed gear. And when they look confused, I say, "Clock is ticking."

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) ...
libdvd-pkg: Checking orig.tar integrity...
/usr/src/libdvd-pkg/libdvdcss_1.4.2.orig.tar.bz2: OK
libdvd-pkg: apt-get check failed, you may have broken packages. Aborting...

I'm not sure if this is important or not?

sudo apt --fix-broken install

The mechanic pay scale needs to be adjusted to the times. Factor in the complexity of keeping them reliable, dealing with government regulations, and the fact that the majority of people can no longer change a tire should be making it a much more valuable profession. Not to confuse that with the increase in shop rates over the last few years that really didn't do much to increase actual pay.

1 Like

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

It looks like this package did not install or is broken from the above.
Can you check with

sudo apt install libdvd-pkg

You may need to run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure libdvd-pkg

Afterward.

That might have been successful this time?

ibdvd-pkg: Installing...
Selecting previously unselected package libdvdcss-dev:amd64.
(Reading database ... 280144 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libdvdcss-dev_1.4.2-1~local_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libdvdcss-dev:amd64 (1.4.2-1~local) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libdvdcss2:amd64.
Preparing to unpack .../libdvdcss2_1.4.2-1~local_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking libdvdcss2:amd64 (1.4.2-1~local) ...
Setting up libdvdcss2:amd64 (1.4.2-1~local) ...
Setting up libdvdcss-dev:amd64 (1.4.2-1~local) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) ...

1 Like

Well I thought it was better but after a few hours it did it again.

Any ideas?

Hmmm... This may seem dense but... Have you checked the cables? I recall not long ago, I went through some weirdness only to find that the cable was at fault on mine.

I have not. I watched a video on getting the screen removed and it seems like a nightmare. It has some sore of double sided tape or something behind the bezel.

I tried hitting escape during the boot up to roll back the driver but it didn't give me any options, it just showed the code loading for bootup. Is there something I missed?

Plus, it does it while perfectly still just sitting on the table. I did shake it and open and close the screen just to see if it was something like a loose cable and it just seems too random.

Gotcha- notebook lid.
On esc, you may try tapping the Left Shift Key furiously instead of esc key.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Edited title.