Screensaver kicks in while watching Youtube in browser

No problem :slight_smile:
Just note that the people on this board are volunteers and do this in their spare time and because they like to help other people.

1 Like

Please check your apt list --installed very carefully to see how many Screensaver Applications you have installed. Do you have xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver, screenlocker...
The above mildly implies more than one screensaver at work.

I am genuinely very sorry sir, it won't happen again.

Sir I am pretty sure that i never installed any screensaver applications ever.
But to be sure, please have a look at my installed applications here:

I found the command to list installed applications in Ask Ubuntu forum: command line - How can I list all applications installed in my system? - Ask Ubuntu

You may find the one above a bit easier to use:

Open terminal and run

apt list --installed

In your pastebin list, I see only xfce4-screensaver listed. hmmm...

And you checked disabling automatic screen lock?
gnome - Disable automatic screen lock in XFCE in Centos - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange.

Thank you sir. Disabling the automatic screen lock from the stackexchange link you provided did the trick. Thank you.

That's good news because I was running out of ideas.
:wink:

1 Like

Sir sorry for trouble but the screensaver kicks on after some 20 mins when I am in a zoom meeting(using zoom client for desktop). For other cases like browser windows, it is working okay thanks to your above mentioned solution.
If you can guide me a solution that would be great. Thanks.

I do not use Zoom Client or Meetings, so I must research this on the web. Which is made all the much harder by the application being named "Zoom" as the web search hits are about all sorts of Screen Zoom Features...
It may take some time...
Off-hand... It appears that there is no "inhibit" set for Zoom-client in regards to the screen saver.
This also is a very common problem.

The simplest solution is to... Wiggle your mouse once in a while. Since most Zoom meetings tend to be quite boring, there is a certain advantage in having to pay attention and wiggle your mouse; as it can prevent zoom-napping.

Okay sir no problem thank you again for replying.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.