Screenshot no sound on Zorin 16 Lite

I did a search and found where we solved the problem by using dconf Editor .... but Event-Sounds was already on .... if you click on the green highlighted section it mentions something about no key selected .... what is that all about ??????

Do you have "No Sound" or "No event sounds?"

Not sure but when I first started dconf Editor I had more on the screen (see photo below) ....

I have sound like the dog barks when I install a thumb drive or remove it and also when Cinnamon starts .... so I think the sound is OK ....

Also I noticed that it says "no schema available .... A schema is what describes the use of a key" .....

This may be nothing but there is no key assigned to take a screen shot .... I have to click on the program icon in my panel ..... if I press the PrtSc on mt laptop key board it does nothing .... and on my Bluetooth keyboard there is no such key I did have fn + tab set up to do that before but don't remember how I did it ... DUH

What screenshot tool are you using?
xfce4-screenshooter?
gnome-screenshot?
If you installed Cinnamon on Lite- you probably have both tools installed, now...

Only have screenshot installed .... can't find screenshooter ....

tried to install screenshooter using Synaptic and it says "Re-install) so it is already installed ....

I prefer xfce4-screenshooter, myself.
You can add the prtscrn key to the keyboard shortcuts in settings...
I prefer no sound on that, so I have yet to test the Shutter sound - I will try looking into this later...

1 Like

Interesting .... I went back on Synaptic and uninstalled screenshooter .... it disappeared from my Menu choices .... I reinstalled xfce4-screenshooter and it came back as Screenshot .... but when you click on the help button and go to their website it calls it xfce4-screenshooter .... I can't find but 3-4 items I can change in the program it seems very plain with no preferences or at least the ones I found were no help at all .... can't take any screenshots as it won't take screenshots of itself and I haven't found a keyboard key that will trigger an automatic screenshot .... like I used to or that I can do on my Asus running Zorin Pro with Cinnamon DE the same DE I'm running here on Lite ....

Sorry if this sounds screwed up but I'm tired and need to go to bed .... I'll check back tomorrow .....

I am not sure which screenshot tool you are accustomed to...
Here is Gnome-Screenshot:
gnome-screenshot

And here is XFCE4-screenshooter
xfce4-screenshooter

As you can see, the options are the same.
The Cinnamon D.E. screenshot tool is Gnome-Screenshot.

For the Keyboard Shortcut- default is the prtscrn key.
If that is not working, open Settings, then Keyboard > Application Shortcuts.
it should list three options:
xfce4-screenshooter and the keyboard shortcut: Print (print Screen or Prtscrn key)
xfce4-screenshooter -r and the keyboard shortcut: shift+print
xfce4-screenshooter -w and the keyboard shortcut: alt+print

The XFCE Help Docs:
https://docs.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-screenshooter/usage

https://docs.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-screenshooter/panel-plugin

1 Like

Ok never mind it could be the laptop keyboard as I can't get it to take a screenshot using the Prtsc key on Cinnamon but it works on KFCE .... I downloaded two additional programs called ScreenGrab and Kazam .... Kazam is set up so that you can change the shutter sounds but neither of these work ....

I'm only going to use this laptop for emergencies anyway because as soon as I get my Asus back up and running I will be using that one ....

Thanks for all your help .... I've spent all day long working on this problem and not going to spend a minute more ....

The desktop that is Finger Lickin Good.
It may go well with this system.

If less than a minute - you can change the keyboard shortcut to a Different Key.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.