Serial file renaming

Hello

I wanted to know if there was an equivalent of the serial renaming feature available in windows?
I mean: on windows, when you are renaming a file, instead of clicking on "enter" to validate, you press the "tab" key to go directly to the renaming of the next file or you press tab several times to go to the file to rename.
I find this feature very convenient and I haven't found a similar option on our file browsers on linux.

Mind you, I'm not talking about mass renaming functionality/software, which is similar but not at all what I'm looking for.

Do you know if there is an option/plugin on linux for this functionality?

Regards

I did not even know that this works on Windows. I use for file renaming on Windows the Total Commander, which has an excellent tool for multiple file renaming. On Linux I use Double Commander which has almost the exact functions. Is that an option for you?

I'd have to try. Let's say that it's an extra software just to use a specific feature.
It's a pity the functionality is very simple. Windows has taken some features from Linux like tabbed browsing in the file explorer. I don't know why, we did not resume some features from them if they are useful.
Maybe it's more complicated to code, I don't know anything about programming.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.