Share your desktop, what does it look like?

I have no problem when using Garuda and log in the Zorin Forum without any flicking...

Edit : browser is Firedragon (knock off of firefox) or falkon browser

5 Likes

I like it ! Well balanced with transparent windows and the wallpaper color :ok_hand:

2 Likes

My Current Gnome

6 Likes

With that wallpaper you almost don't see the icons :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can sayed it eating lower ram from gnome on Zorin, this is also gnome version fork.

3 Likes

You call 2gb in use low ? I dont even get 2gb in gnome when i am on the desktop. If i run steam, lutris and firefox i might get passed 2gb.

Proof: Pop! OS topic / talk / support (all in one) - #161 by Michel

Even you posted less ram usage in gnome :joy: -> Pop! OS topic / talk / support (all in one) - #122 by Bourne

2 Likes

If you checked my last topic what eating more ram gnome or game. Then you see a diffrents. I am Zorin user not POP.
POP is another distribution with newer kernel and etc.

2 Likes

I have the flickering problem using Cinnamon of a while now but I thought it was something I did ....

2 Likes

Pop! OS is ubuntu based like Zorin OS and they both use gnome :woozy_face:.

True that it comes with newer kerel, but that has nothing to do with ram usage. Ram usage has to do with all the installed plugins and apps that are running in the background.

2 Likes

Updated Plasma desktop with Neon McLaren:

8 Likes

Good. Then you can be happy with one from many distributions linux.
I using Zorin and maybe will with him forever.
Here is proof why with a Zorin and they are my abroad friends a Russians.
Little history about brothers "Zorin".

9 Likes

Nice read Bourne .... thanks for the link ....

2 Likes

You welcome. I am happy trying diffrent DE on Zorin and working good. Soon forward to ssd.

3 Likes

Same here...I use 1.2gb on my Gnome

3 Likes

Maybe it depends what hardware and pc or laptop some people have. I saw people with Ryzen 9 3900x and Nvidia 2060 super. This is not the same with old processor haswell,ddr3 and old graphic card from 16th June, 2015

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with that, like i said before it depends on the gnome plugins you installed and what is running in the background (applications).

Laptop from 2013, 823mb ram usage in Gnome.

3 Likes

Yes i have this same when i using only terminal on linux on start without gui DE when i put command neofetch then your score what you get is the same.

3 Likes

While using Aravisian's themes, I mostly had to adjust my own gnome-shell css files.
Been wrestling a while with what goes best. Trying to learn how this work the combination of desktop and colors etc. You can do real funny things like this for example.

or this

Linux, man I love it. But must say it's all thanks to Aravisian.

10 Likes

That copperdeck 3 looks great dasjdoom .... I went back to Hornet but do switch between it and copperdeck 3 just for a change of pace ..... any word on when Aravisian is gonna finish those to themes ?????? ..... hint ..... hint ....

3 Likes

Well, if you have been following this article; https://forum.zorin.com/t/is-gnome-user-friendly/13679, the chances are slim to none that he'll bring out a gnome-shell for the copperdeck3.

That's why I've been adjusting and creating my own gnome-shell (and icons). But perhaps the icons for copperdeck3 will come.... :relaxed:

3 Likes