Share your desktop, what does it look like?

Hello, I'm new user here. This is my desktop looks like. I know it's kinda basic :sweat_smile:. I got the background from Wonderwall(Out of topic, but I hope the Wonderwall devs could've put the author/artist for every picture that they offer).

12 Likes

It looks great! Is that a conky that you are using? Can you share a link to it, please? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed, I like that conky.

2 Likes

I couldn't find the link for the conky, but I have the link of instruction when I installed the conky.

Please try to find between those links, and I hope it's useful :blush:

2 Likes

I did a net-search for "chemical formula conky" and found it:
https://www.deviantart.com/charley166/art/my-simple-and-naive-conky-265348713

I had not recognized the formula for what it is so in hindsight, I guess I will not be using it. :stuck_out_tongue:
I could modify it to a different formula...

While I am a Zorin fan, I'm not a Gnome fan. This is KDE, because XFCE doesn't quite do it for me. Digital clock and simple monitor widgets running (there is much more accessible by the taskbar, but I'm not listing them all). There are GTK and QT applications installed and run seemlessly simultaneously. I am also using Aravisian's themes in the GTK applications and the KDE Gently global theme with KDE-story plasma theme (which changes the taskbar) and the vortex-sddm login theme.

6 Likes

Rocking the only proper wallpaper back when Windows used to actually be good, XP - miss those days.
XP Was the OS that has actually got me into computing, in 2015 got rid of my good old PC as I did not really need it (still running outdated now XP version) then came back to owning a laptop last year and had Linux, in fact ZorinOS installed ever since.

10 Likes

Mods, please delete this post if inappropriate as it is not my Zorin Desktop but my Devuan one!

4 Likes

You shared what your desktop looks like. The thread title doesn't say, "Share your ZORIN Desktop". There are also many screenshots of Cinnamon Desktop on Zorin OS...

3 Likes

I agree as ALL of my desktop photos are Cinnamon ....

1 Like

Some of my posts were of ubuntu with kde plasma, gnome, cinnamon and XFCE and one of my post was of Pop!_OS but they weren't removed.

1 Like

Vscode in Zorin OS

4 Likes

I'm a minimalist to the core.

I'd be happy to use a dynamic wallpaper is Zorin devs released a paid, nice looking one. I can't be bothered to go for anything that isn't very quick to set up. I seldom ever see my desktop. I'm mostly in Steam / in game / in Mozilla (I use the "Dark" theme "A theme with a dark color scheme." which has slight blue(?) tint). I absolutely hate the bin icon so I have no icons enabled.

7 Likes

Please how did you get the clock in that formate

What do guys think

4 Likes

Cars as a wallpaper is not my thing. But I gave you a like"ing" because this is the first time I've seen the menu/taskbar on the right side of the screen.

2 Likes

Please can I get the wallpaper

I actually swapped to Vivaldi, which I much prefer to Firefox. I run a theme 'Atom Gloom'. I think the browser is essentially a huge part of the desktop experience so I thought I'd share. I think it looks great. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Think I will settle on this one for now.

2 Likes

Can you please share the wallpaper? Looks great!

EDIT: Found it here https://wallpapercave.com/wp/wp8992466.jpg

2 Likes