Show off your printer 🖨

Nice find!

1 Like

Forgot we used to have one of these as kids:

1 Like

My early colour printer - can't find original that was about 36 crayons in very long plastic popper stud case:

There's even a pencil museum here in the UK!

2 Likes

I wish to attend it...

The Cumberland Pencil Museum in Keswick is the home of the famous Lakeland pencil.

Never heard of it.

Visitors are treated to a fun packed day of interactive experiences and hands on activities.

With pencils?

Interesting exhibitions, a cafe and gift shop make this an ideal all weather attraction.

You can buy pencils in the gift shop.

It's probably not as goofy as it sounds, but they certainly get credit for creative writing to Market themselves.

I learned typing on one of those old an electric typewriters with ten fingers guess its called blind typing (typing without looking down for the buttons). I still do this while using a computer. I only look for down when I type a special character (shift key in combination with a number)

Now with the age of mobile phone, I hardly use a pencil or pen.
I see this with my children who were also educated to write the alphabet with those nice curls. But they are grown up and they hardly use a pen/pencil but their mobile phone or keyboard. And when they do write something down, I find it difficult to decipher.

And you shall continue learning new things as long as I am around. LOL Good stuff :grinning:

Finally got my cell phone hooked up so I can take photos .... it worked rather well .... anyway here is my Brother DCP T500W ... nothing fancy just printer and scanner ....
Years ago I used to buy them with all the bells and whistles but found out I didn't ever use but the printer and scanner never did use the Fax .... LOL ... I did get the extra large ink tanks those little cartridges seemed to run out at the most inopportune times .... LOL

3 Likes

Whats up Frog?

It looks like a Brother printer is up. It says, "Feed me some paper, and let me print something for you, ooooo, I like to print!"

waste GIF

Well, that escalated quickly, right into the paper shredder. :joy:

And don't worry about it, nobody uses FAX anymore, the last time FAX was actively used was maybe early 2000's? Truth is, email pretty much replaced FAX, there just wasn't no need anymore. Then phones came out and replaced email lol.

8 Likes

Nope not mine I recycle my paper .... after all there is a whole other side that didn't get used .... LOL

1 Like

Yep, most printers can print dual sided. I know that my laser printer can, I just have that feature disabled, cause I have 0-need to print dual sided in my use case. Keep in mind, shredded paper can be recycled as well.

1 Like

Unfortunately, not here in France :frowning:
Apparently shredded paper has very short fibres which make them difficult to recycle. Well, that is their excuse.

1 Like

It can be put in green waste here, so goes to composting. It is important not to include any plastic.

It's called touch typing. On a manual typewriter of the Imperial and Royal Ilk when you are a young teenager (13 and 14) you don't quite have the stretch needed to reach those top keys whilst your concentrating on keeping the essential fingers on the home keys:
asdf, jkl;
For those who want to learn there is Type Faster and TypeFaster-Accessible:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/typefaster/files/
These are Windows executables and run under WINE. For UK users to use the accessible version you also need to install the basic TypeFaster app too as the accessible version does not contain the UK keyboard layout. The accessible one is good for someone with low vision - you have the option of having either the keyboard enlarged or the output enlarged or a compromise between the two.
I know there are native linux apps but they aren't as good, particularly for low vision users.

They didn't realise they did not have to print out the damning information - all they had to do was Ctrl+ A then press delete! :rofl:

Reminded me of this great video:

I usually recommend that new printers start with a printer that has fewer ink positions than the Pro-100. Cheap (at first) does not always mean the cheapest. This community, in my opinion, is unduly enthusiastic about the Pro-100 for individuals with little experience.

It's not as difficult as Joe implies to refill OEM carts; it's more about keeping track of eight ink spots and maintaining third-party inks in stock. Yes, Precision Colors ink is less expensive than OEM, but it's not a cheap investment, as my expenses from the previous year show. It is not inexpensive to print at home. It's all about having control over the process and being able to enjoy and share your prints.

@FrenchPress, I have a HP LaserJet P1102! Are we printing Bros? :partying_face:

Mine still uses the goo ol' USB cable. My brother have a small printing shop, and had this LaserJet just getting dust. Couldnt find anyone interested in buying it, so he gave it to me.

One of the most reliable and fast printers I had (not that I had many), but man, it is LOUD. My neighbor definitely knows when I am printing :joy:

Your setup with the rapsberry pi is really ingenious! :clap:

1 Like

Just to let you know FrenchPress has not posted in quite some time (Dec. 14th, 2021) .... I wish she would as I miss her humor and expertise ..... she is sadly missed .....

3 Likes

Oh, that's unfortunate. Thank you for letting me know, @Frog!

Hope she is well and printing a lot of stuff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.