Software based issue

Friends I am having a issue whenever I am using my system after some time touch pad button doesn't work trackpad is working properly but whenever I tap I doesn't get response then I have to restart then I works properly and after some time same issue again
And right click or left click is not even working with external mouse I think It a. Software based error

Please check if the driver is installed:

sudo apt install -y xserver-xorg-input-libinput

It was already installed

Still sounds like libinput error...
Can you check if xserver-xorg-input-synaptics is installed, and if so, please remove it

sudo apt remove --purge xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

Reboot and test. If still no good:

If the touchpad stops working after some minutes of the computer sitting unused, it may be power management that is disabling it.
Find your device with

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Look for a line that may resemble the following... it is the Sys and the /power/control that you are looking for.
I am using a Tower PC, not a notebook, so I cannot copy mine in a way that will look exactly like yours... but, my optical mouse:

Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2.2/1-2.2:1.1/0003:093A:2533.0004/input//power/control

Disable it with by replacing the path in this example with the one you found in cat /proc/bus/input/devices

echo on | sudo tee Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-2/1-2.2/1-2.2:1.1/0003:093A:2533.0004/input//power/control

Reboot and test.

Thanks for your help. Bro can you give your insta id

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.