(Solved) Bluetooth is on, but unable to detect any devices

Yes, lol. It's almost 11pm here... Second time in one thread I did not notice a detail.

no worries. Thank you for helping. should i change both file names? cause its returning a command not found error

Ok I just downloaded the file to be sure:

sudo cp BCM43142A0-0a5c-216c.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43142A0-0a5c-216c.hcd

You may need to run it from your Downloads folder. Open terminal, then Change Directory to Downloads

cd ~/Downloads

Then

sudo cp BCM43142A0-0a5c-216c.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43142A0-0a5c-216c.hcd

sudo modprobe -r btusb

sudo modprobe btus

lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$ sudo cp BCM43142A0-0a5c-216c.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM43142A0-0a5c-216c.hcd
lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$ sudo modprobe -r btusb
lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$ sudo modprobe btus
modprobe: FATAL: Module btus not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.0-80-generic
lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$

Can you run

sudo depmod

then try to modprobe btus again?

still got that error :frowning:

lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$ sudo depmod
lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$ sudo modprobe btus
modprobe: FATAL: Module btus not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.0-80-generic

That is strange... I am running Zorin 16 with Kernel 5.11 and it shows up in my system.
Try:

sudo apt-get install -y linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-80-generic

Relay the output and if successful, log out and in, test Bluetooth...

i am running 15.3 if that matters

lee@lee-HP:~/Downloads$ sudo apt-get install -y linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-80-generic
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-80-generic is already the newest version (5.4.0-80.90~18.04.1).
linux-modules-extra-5.4.0-80-generic set to manually installed.
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libnvidia-cfg1-450 libnvidia-common-450 libnvidia-compute-450
libnvidia-compute-450:i386 libnvidia-decode-450 libnvidia-decode-450:i386
libnvidia-encode-450 libnvidia-encode-450:i386 libnvidia-extra-450
libnvidia-fbc1-450 libnvidia-fbc1-450:i386 libnvidia-gl-450
libnvidia-gl-450:i386 libnvidia-ifr1-450 libnvidia-ifr1-450:i386
nvidia-compute-utils-450 nvidia-dkms-450 nvidia-kernel-common-450
nvidia-kernel-source-450 nvidia-utils-450 xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-450
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

-Shrug-

sudo modprobe btus.ko

sorry i rebooted my laptop after my last reply and its already working. i paired my bluetooth headphone and its working now! so was it that patch we downloaded that did it? anyway you have a good night sir/maam

1 Like

should i still do this again?

Nah... If it's working, it's working. Not sure why the modprode error, but... Why question fate (unless you don't like the fate dealt)?

2 Likes

thanks again! i feel hopeful towards learning more about this distro because of helpful people like you!

4 Likes

Hey, @LeeYael28 You are not the only one who have this kind of annoying thing. I am also a laptop user and found lack of driver support for a Laptop.

If you ask me I would recommend you to buy a new Bluetooth Dongle or if you already have then go with dongle. Cause Laptop Bluetooth adapter is not detectable for Linux PC. I am using a Dual Boot of Windows 10 and Zorin OS. But in windows 10 it's completely working (Bluetooth Adapter).

Don't worry you don't have to switch on any other Linux because none of them will help you at all.

But if you really want to use your Bluetooth of your Laptop. I have a solution of that.. But might be hard to switch to that OS..

Yeah, It's Manjaro KDE Edition. I don't know why but there I found my Bluetooth to be searchable even if I was not using Bluetooth Dongle.

And also I used it to connect my headset.

Hope You Got The Thing What You Are Actually Looking For.. :slight_smile:

Marked solution. 267