[SOLVED] Bluetooth Issues For TP-Link UB5A - Bluetooth 5.0 Nano USB Adapter

So this is strange

I just installed Zorin OS and I've updated the system using Software & Updates in hopes that would fix the issue I'm having currently.

The issue is that I believe the Bluetooth Dongle is being detected because when unplugged Zorin OS then tells me to plug in a Bluetooth Dongle, so when I do it then shows that Bluetooth is off, When I go to turn on Bluetooth the switch stays on but nothing else changes, and when I turn off the switch it says that the device is in aeroplane mode.

I've tried installing Bluetooth, Bluetooth Adapters and Bluetooth Manager from the Software store however this problem still occurs and I'm stuck on how to fix it, it's an issue too because I use a Bluetooth keyboard and so I'm not able to use the OS without Bluetooth.

If you are able to assist me then please do.

Thanks,
Ryan

A solution was posted here:

Also take note of TP-Link advice here:

Troubleshooting of Bluetooth USB Adapter | TP-Link

Jul 27, 2022 · 2. Please keep Bluetooth adapter away from the Wi-Fi signal source, because the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal will affect the Bluetooth signal. 3. USB 3.0 introduces radio frequency interference in the 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz range, which is the same radio spectrum used by Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Therefore, it is not recommended to use USB 3.0 port, and the Bluetooth adapter should not be too close to your router or working USB 3.0 devices.

When I visited the page it no longer shows what I pasted and it refers to Windows but bluetooth is bluetooth on any system.

Hiya!

Thanks for your reply, I'm still struggling to get the Bluetooth working, after trying some things like uninstalling and reinstalling Bluetooth drivers still nothing sadly, however I was looking around on the internet as you do and someone said to try bluetoothctl and tell it to show which it returns "No default controller available" I don't know if this helps at all?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hiya, I haven't figured out what the issue is but I tried my other Bluetooth Dongle made by TPLink but it's only 4.0 which is sad but it works, I would love to try and get 5.0 working if possible though, thanks for your support so far btw!

Thanks,
Ryan

Hiya, I fixed the issue finally I'm so glad it works, I found 2 websites which helped me so basically you have to rename a file in the rtl_bt folder and it just starts working I'll link below what I used to fix it and that's that!

First using the Medium article I did sudo dmesg | grep Bluetooth in the terminal and it returned that a firmware file.bin was not found so I had to use the Linux Mint Article to rename a said file to the firmware file.bin and it worked after a reboot so thank you for all the help and if your Bluetooth isn't working I'd highly recommend trying this method as it worked for me!

Thanks,
Ryan

1. Medium

2. Linux Mint Topic

2 Likes

Glad you managed to fix it your way - can you mark your last post as the Solution and your first post, can you add in front of the subject header [SOLVED] as I have just typed it - this helps new/existing forum members facing the same issue as yourself. Thanks for keeping us updated.

1 Like

Just done that on behalf of the OP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.