Something happens when restarting/logging off with my DNS and it doesn't work. Can you help me?

Hi guys,

From recently,

something happens with my DNS and it doesn't work unless I do these steps:

Disable the systemd-resolved service.

sudo systemctl disable systemd-resolved.service

Stop the Service

sudo systemctl stop systemd-resolved.service

Remove the Configuration file manually

sudo rm /etc/resolv.conf

Now, Create the file again.

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

Enter the Below Lines

nameserver 8.8.8.8

Press CTRL+O to save the File, Then CTRL+X to Close it

Now, Enable the Service

sudo systemctl enable systemd-resolved.service

Start the Service back.

sudo systemctl start systemd-resolved.service

When I do those steps, it works but as soon as the computer logs off or gets restarted, the Googles nameservers 8.8.8.8 get removed and some other gets added which doesn't work.

Why is this happening?

What can I do to fix this? I don't want to do these steps everytime I have to use internet.

Can I fix this without using the Googles DNS?

Hopefully.. someone will be able to help with this odd issue.

Oh and before doing the steps above, I tried pinging the Google.com which doesn't work and when pinging 8.8.8.8 it works. So the internet works but the DNS doesn't resolve unless I use googles DNS server.

Did you change anything in your internet connection settings?

If you don't want to use Google DNS (I try to avoid their services when I can, but that's me), you can go to https://adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html, scroll down up to Setup guide, click Ubuntu and follow those steps.

Mine looks like this, in (Zorin) Settings / Wifi:

Click here to see image

Thanks for that link. I'll check it out.

I managed to fix the issue with the help of this Youtube video. Leaving it here in case someone else ever experiences this issue.

I still don't understand what happened, what this fix did and what is the problem with the DNS. The problem is solved now thanks to that video but I do feel a bit frustrated not knowing what caused the issue in the first place..

Plus now I am forced to use either Google's DNS or someone else's like from Adguard or whoever.. Why can't my default DNS server work as always I don't know.. Maybe it's something with my ISP.. I assume that my default DNS provider is my ISP..