Sound on my iMac18,1 is not working

I have a "Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio [8086:9d71] (rev 21)" audio driver.

Hardware probe result.

Both, my speaker and audio jack don't seem to be working. I checked my sound settings and pulse audio settings, and both seem to show that the sound is working (i can see the volume bar bouncing while playing a video on youtube).

Has anyone else come across this and knows how to fix it?

1 Like

You may want to check that your bios is up to date. I work PC's not MAC's so forgive me on not knowing the process.

Another thing you may want to check is your alsa-base.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/. Try using 'options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic', add it at the bottom of it if it doesn't exist in the file.

1 Like

Try using 'options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic', add it at the bottom of it if it doesn't exist in the file.

I am afraid it didn't work. Thanks for the input!

welcome to the forum! sorry you're having trouble with your sound, i know that sucks. been there that's for sure. my alsamixer and pulseaudio were all configured correctly and i could see the volume bar bouncing during sound output as well.

this somehow worked for me, maybe it could help you too? it worked after doing these 2 steps and rebooting for me. just leave out the ** parts obviously lol

best of luck!

Still no luck. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.