Sound output settings on taskbar

is there a way to make the sound setting also have a way to change the output device on here, it is very annoying to go through settings all over just to change the output. Like i want it to work like wired settings, when i click wired on this menu it gives me a option to change the connection type.

Screenshot from 2022-12-30 21-24-12

2 Likes

Sound Input Output Device Chooser extension?

2 Likes

There's an extension for that on gnome extention page.

3 Likes

To help the OP and to clarify, are you both referring to page in Zorin Software Store?

3 Likes

GNOME Shell-udvidelser

4 Likes

Tested here with Zorin 16.2 - it works like wanted: https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/906/sound-output-device-chooser/

2 Likes

thank you all, this works like i wanted

1 Like

I have moved this post from Customisation to General Help.

Question now is which post should be marked as "Solution". Maybe @codseus you can choose which finally helped you most and mark it as the :ballot_box_with_check:Solution. Just click on the "..." under the chosen post and pick the Solution option.

3 Likes

i'm sorry i usually do that but i forgot this time.

2 Likes

Hi Folks Hi Folks

I have a sound issue that I have tried to suggested solutions with no luck.

At booting my sound does not work, going to the settings I have four options.

1/ Speakers-USB audio device (Zorin defaults to this each time) = No sound

2/ Digital output (S/PDIF) = No sound

3/ Digital output (S/PDIF) Built in audio device = No sound

4/ HDMI/DisplayPort2-GK208 HDMI/DP Audio Cpntroller works perfect.

Is it possible to disable three options leaving the option that works, avoiding adjustment each time I boot.

I need the option 4 as the hardware works with the Mac set up which I can choose at boot.

Thanks in advance

maybe this can help you : Ubuntu – How to set a default audio output device in Ubuntu 18.04 – Unix Server Solutions

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.