Sound problem - No sound on Zorin 15.3

Also put auto-mute to disabled then tried the link's commands

I have to keep checking back to see which flavour of Zorin 15 you have. i.e. Lite education with xfce desktop environment. @Aravisian is more familiar with Lite as I have Core (gnome DE).

Do you have Synaptic Package Manager installed. If you do, search for alsa-tools-gui with that and install.

I checked it should be available in Ubuntu-Universe repository. https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/18.04/ubuntu-universe-amd64/alsa-tools-gui_1.1.3-1_amd64.deb.html

I have zorin os education lite 32 bit with xfce whose iso file is something 4. Gb

I don't know about synaptic package manager but synaptic is my name of driver for my mouse and touchpad.

What I have to do now should I type and run this command in terminal.

If you go to Zorin Software Store and search for Synaptic Package Manager then you should find it listed as an app which you can install. It is a package manager for apt packages and useful to find, install, repair and delete apps. Others may use terminal commands to do those tasks. Synaptic is a useful tool and sits in between Software Store and using the terminal.

Another question: Do you have your Software Updater point to the "Main Server" or a local country server. It is considered best to set that to "Main Server".

I was hoping you would have Synaptic Package Manager installed and find the alsa-tools-gui via that.

However, you could try the commands listed under "Instal Howto" from that link.

Which link please say

the one here: Sound problem - No sound on Zorin 15.3 - #24 by zabadabadoo

Okay done opened software & updates and then zorin software changed download from http://ftp.litmen.ac.in/ubuntu to main server

Why don't you do some other thing

Help please!!!!!

I have personally run out of ideas. Maybe another user seeing this can help.

Did you finally get this sorted?
I had the same problem. No sound, or systems sounds etc.

I went into settings
Then went to sounds
I then went over to OUTPUT DEVICES, using the drop-down box, I changed to each one and conducted a sound test... One of the them worked so I set the one that worked.
I don't know why this was changed as the sound was all working previously!

Anyway, I hope this simple fix helps in some way.