Steam ui scrambled

Hi I installed Steam and my Screen scrambles almost always one time it works another time it doesnt. Ive tried reinstalling and updating my Graphics drivers.

I hope someone can help me with that

Thanks

How did you install Steam?

What is the GPU you are using as well?

First i used the Software app store it was scrambled the I tried snap. I am using a Radeon rx 5600.

Uninstall both of those and try installing the deb here.

I found this issue and wonder if it is related. I will let someone with a little more experience make that decision though.

The steam from the website opens transparent and restarts transparent. The friends list is completely white.

Do you think resetting the drivers could help?

Thanks for the help so far

You installed the Deb and got a similar issue?

Possibly, but I will wait for someone who knows more about AMD drivers than myself to respond. There are some extremely knowledgeable people on this forum so I think you will get some helpful answers later

What version of Mesa have you got installed?
You can use:

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"

Or maybe

glxinfo | grep "Mesa"

Which kernel are you on?

uname -r

You can try rolling back to the previous kernel:

Select an earlier kernel (NOT recovery mode) to boot from and test.

Steam I updated yesterday and working, maybe some linux distributions, not finished compiling package to newer version that why maybe someone have a some problems.

Steam updated for me yesterday when I started my computer and caused some problems with character equipment which I have sense chanced back .....

My Steam start screen has been changed and I am having problem changing it back but I'm working on it ..... I think they call it an enhancement for the betterment of the community ..... but for me it is just FUBAR .... :sunglasses: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi thx for the help it just fixed itself today. Dont know how and why but it works now :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.