Sudo apt autoremove made a mess

You're right. I didn't "read more", just made myself focused on the video.

Okay, I'll bear it in mind. Thanks again, I really appreciated your willingness to help me. And, of course, many thanks to others who jumped in this topic.

2 Likes

Well, when I second thought, I myself made a mess not only of my machine, but this topic too. Sorry, I suppose this is what the first steps of an inexperienced Linux user look like.

Or of a Linux user. :stuck_out_tongue: We all make messes of our machine and of topics.
@swarfendor437 can attest to the multiple times I nuclear bombed my machine early on, trying out all sorts of crazy things.

2 Likes

Sometimes crashing a machine is how we learn things. If it is not a production machine i.e., used for day to day work, then it does not matter - it is all part of the fun of learning GNU/Linux. At least you can do things with GNU/Linux - your hands are not tied to proprietary licences that Microsoft and Apple use - you own the Operating System it is yours and it is what Community is all about! :wink:

2 Likes

That scares me.
Fear Panic GIF by Diego Farao

You should be more scared of what is contained in M$ and Apple EULA's!
As the motto of our Linux User Group here in my city states: "Friends don't let friends run Windows."

Just joking. No more Windows any more! I'm simply not used to Linux Terminal, barely know anything about commands.

Here you go:

1 Like

Thank you! :+1: Starting to learn right away.
I suppose this one could be also useful: The Linux Command Handbook

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.