Swift 3 SF314-42 fingerprint login not available despite being enabled

Greeting to everybody,

This is my first time using Zorin OS in my laptop, an ACER SWIFT 314-42, and I am really impressed by my positive experience so far but I have not been able to enable fingerprint login for my user.

I have tried following the steps recommended in the tutorial "Fingerprint Login - Zorin Help" but the option still doesn't appear in the users settings panel.

Have also seen this had already been asked before "Fingerprint on Acer Swift 3" but I was not lucky following the advise of fixing it using the terminal...

Could someone please confirm me if there is any work around I could follow as a total begginer to activate this option? If not possible I would also like to know if my laptop model Acer Swift 3 SF314-42] is not compatible yet with Linux because of drivers.

Thanks a lot for this awesome piece of software and this wonderful community.

Looking forward to hear from you all and to learn together,

Have a beautiful Sunday,

Adrià

1 Like

If you can see the add FingerPrint option then use this,

if not seeing anything :-

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fingerprint/fingerprint-gui
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv EFD5FA852F20733F
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libbsapi policykit-1-fingerprint-gui fingerprint-gui

Note: Fingerprint-gui replaces some packages. Removing it does not restore original packages, which has to be done manually. It is not a serious issue. If anything else fails, it may be worth trying.

If not working,

5 Likes

Thank you @anon6471198

I read and followed both tutorials with no further luck.

The most I could achieve was to show the fingerprint option under my user options menu, but in a lighter grey which I cannot click. After a few seconds this option disappears completely again and it is hidden (removed from the list).

Captura de pantalla de 2022-08-28 18-21-41

Thanks again for your help,

1 Like

I think the name of my Acer Swift 3, fingerprint driver is this "Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1c7a:0575 LighTuning Technology Inc. EgisTec EH575".

Captura de 2022-08-28 18-28-29

Would you have any other advise I could follow to try to fix it and make it work?

Greetings,

Adrià

1 Like

Try this Tutorial :-

6 Likes

No driver exists even in the most recent kernel of 5.18:

1 Like

Thank you sir, hope it is included in future versions

This is beyond Team Zorin control. This is down to whether the kernel will be able to have it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.