Switched to fedora

after a long time i have switched to fedora 35, I had put a lot of thought into it and tried it, I liked it and then replaced zorin with it, My biggest concern was that the ui wont be as good but i like it especially after some tweaking, Any thoughts?

P.s i would be very active on the zorin community it is one of the best ones i have ever been to

2 Likes

Making personal adjustments usually has this outcome.:wink:
Fedora is a solid and stable well supported distro.

You are free to stay. Many users use other O.S.'s.

4 Likes

oh i thought it would be awkward for me to stay
thank youbtw

and i will definitely be back when zorin core 17 comes out

2 Likes

I am also using Fedora 35 and KDE Neon along with Zorin 16 XFCE

2 Likes

And have you tried the Blur My Shell extension?

1 Like

no i want to but i think its too buggy so i try to stay away from blur my shell

1 Like

did you try it?

1 Like

Oh yes I did, here it is.

When opening folders such as 'Utilities' folder, the blur doesn't work properly, other than that there are no bugs.

1 Like

You can also share some specifications of your computer, so that I can check if Blur my shell can work on it or not.

1 Like

mine is i3-8130u
8gb ram
1tb hdd
intel uhd graphics
PS i have installed it and it works fine except that bug with folders that you mentioned

1 Like

btw how much ram does fedora use on your pc. It uses about 2.5- 3.5 gigs on mine on idle is that normal

1 Like

thats how it looks on my laptop

1 Like

Currently my parents are having my laptop, so I can't tell.

1 Like

ok but please tell me how much ram it uses after you get your laptop

1 Like

what are the specs of ur laptop

1 Like

:cold_face:

For me it uses 1.2GB maximum on idle. Maybe you didn't reboot for a long time?

i just installed it today

I don't like fedora 'cause dnf/yum and packagekitd are using a lot of RAM, so my computer is unusable during updates or than I'm installing software and I have only 4gb of RAM

2 Likes

it might be because of the 4gb ram that you are not facing the issue, ive heard that linux dynamically uses ram according to demand and stuff