System freezes when eGPU is connected

Hi,

I’m trying Zorin in live boot mode. When I connect an eGPU, the system either freezes or the mouse is functional, but the system is unresponsive. Either way, I’m forced to restart my PC (force shutdown) if this happens. My eGPU specs are below:

eGPU case: Razer Core X
GPU in eGPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600
GPU when eGPU is not connected: (Mesa) Intel UHD Graphics

Can somebody please help?

I don't get this. This is way too confusing. The only thing I got was to run a live boot session with safe graphics, however, I feel like that removes some animations; I'm all for animations. It's what makes an OS immersive for me. And plus it takes a long time to shut down.

Is there like another alternative?

All I could find was this:

Did you try editing the boot parameters to add 'nomodeset' as mentioned in the video?

How do I do that? It probably mentioned it in the video, but I think I accidentally skipped past that.

It doesn't seem to do this on Windows, and Linux comes with AMD GPU support out of the box, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Can't find anything on it. And I really hope that the developers can fix this issue.

Please delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf and create /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-egpu.conf only containing

Section "OutputClass"
    Identifier "nvidia-egpu"
    MatchDriver "nvidia-drm"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "AllowExternalGpus" "True"
EndSection

then remove the ‘nomodeset’ kernel parameter and reboot. This is for NVIDIA you need for AMD
https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/laggy-desktop-when-plugged-into-egpu/ here pół talking about that problem and repaired.

Are you sure that's not going to mess up my computer? And what do I have to do to do that?

If you reading link under nothing help to more understand the problem?

I'm not sure if if I have a disable integrated graphics option in my BIOS.

This is laptop or a computer?

Laptop, hence eGPU.

Some place i reading restart CMOS battery could help but with laptops could be little hard do that.

Last time I did that, one of my laptops didn't boot up. Nothing on screen, fans were going, camera LED was on.

Then that must be problem with drivers.

Zorin comes with AMD graphics support on install. Is there a possible fix?

I will trying researching on internet and trying to find something to help you.
Please only put command inxi -0 where i can check peripherals software. In theory did you changed something in laptop some parts example ram,ssd or somethinf else? If your battery is old on motherboard it could be also that problem.

My laptop is 2 years old and I did put a RAM stick in to increase the RAM to 16GB from 8GB. The battery would be intact.

So it is possible Ram eating more power then your laptop is warmer and it could be with some freezing because power consumption?
I have that issue when my gpu card needed more Watt from power supply and my pc freeze,crashed and restarting.