I don't know what is Wayland

Screenshot from 2021-11-02 22-35-31

1 Like

Thank you for your collaboration

Sorry, I posted the wrong screen. The correct is:
Screenshot from 2021-11-02 22-33-00

Have you tested your RAM?

Are you using a Swap Partition?:

The base kernel that zorin 16 was built for is the 5.11.27. If you are going to try another kernel i would start there. Zorin 15.3 had the 5.8 kernel...i wouldn't go back further than that since the Ryzen 7 would have minimal support, if any, before that.

Have you tried restarting gnome when you wake your pc? Do you have power management configured to shut off pci-e or your SSD's? Are the drives NVMe or sata SSD? This can matter in power management and returning from sleep.

I run zorin 16 on a Ryzen 7, 32GB RAM, two 1TB NVMe without the issue of system freeze after sleep. 5.11.38 kernel. It is possible.

Edit: you may have a gnome.

I would be 100% beside myself if this expression replaces "you may have a bug."

It does.

I also meant that gnome might be an issue here.

1 Like

I've been trying to discover the root cause for this problem. I installed POP OS 21 and the same problem happened. Then I thought that the problem, as indicated for someone in this forum, was the GNOME, thus I installed the Zorin 15.3 with XFE, and… the same problem happened. I think now that problem is related to some setup in the BIOS, but I don't know which one. I tested my hardware too (RAM, disks) and I’ve been using my system with Windows 11 and Windows 10 now (I had to downgrade to Windows 10 to install the POP OS) without issues, so I don’t believe that hardware problems are the cause

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked Solution. 387