The Asteroid Belt (Theme suite) --> RELEASED <--

Version 0.9 is out!!! (pre-release), please bug report :slight_smile:
See: The Asteroid Belt (Theme suite) for download links and more...

Please rate it up at Pling/gnome-look, thanks!

1 Like

Also I take requests to which icons I should put in this theme. Don't be shy - I know you have a wishlist. I don't bite... but my cat do if you don't make a wish!!!
3a42c207f6fa73057cc3ac29df66ecabe0992925_2_690x388

I'm downloading Lite to try it out in another laptop and I'll give this one a try :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. If you like it please rate, it's tough competing against all the Mac clones.

1 Like

@Aravisian Somehow the Zorin appearance app doesn't see my GTK theme anymore. It simple vanished and can't be selected anymore. The only thing I canged was a color then bam! gone! I changed the color back, no cigar....

Can you post the snippet you changed?

searchbar > revealer > box,
.location-bar {
  padding: 4px;
  border-style: solid;
  border-width: 0 0 1px;
  border-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.08);
  background-color: #deaa87;
  background-clip: border-box;

The

}

closing bracket is present in the actual .css, right?

Just installed everything from your theme, it looks great! I wonder though how can I apply the same colors for neofetch? :thinking:

Also, one of the icons is missing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

yep, it's there. Double checked.
I even downloaded my theme and it can't see it either.

The icon in question goes in apps and is named "system-os-installer"(.svg/.png)

You can change font display color in Terminal Settings / Preferences (I always do, partly because I use autocomplete and word-suggestions).

I would suspect the zorin-appearance app, then. This implies that the theme was not changed in a way to make it invisible.
Have you rebooted?

Still no GTK theme...It can see The icons and the shell themes, but not the GTK.

Is the a cache or config file on zorin-appearance?

OKay, it's Zorin Appearance that I somehow broke. I can set the GTK theme with Gnome Tweaks.

Reinstalling Zorin Appearance didn't fixed it. I guess there must be a local config file somewhere...

Sorry to derail from the current problem solving, but how do you customize Plank??

You extract the plank theme to ~/.local/share/plank/themes

To select the theme

plank --preferences

1 Like

If there is... I cannot find it. Zorin_appearance app is a binary file located in /bin
So, reinstalling it should be all there is to it if it had corrupted.
Back to your theme, did you remove or change the index.theme file?

I've changed the name, because I've forget to edit that file before release;

[Desktop Entry]
Type=X-GNOME-Metatheme
Name=The-Asteroid-Belt
Comment=An Flat Gtk+ theme based on Material Design
Encoding=UTF-8

[X-GNOME-Metatheme]
GtkTheme=Layan-dark
MetacityTheme=Layan-dark
IconTheme=Tela-dark
CursorTheme=Adwaita
ButtonLayout=menu:minimize,maximize,close

I would change gtkTheme=The-Asteroid-Belt, too.

I bet it is something really simple. The settings manager will still see a theme, even if the .css has errors in it.

It must be in the gtk.css file itself. If it's a { or } I'm missing it's going to be difficult to debug. there are over 1100 lines.

Using VSCode may help with that - it highlights such in Yellow.

But I do not believe for a moment that is the cause- the Settings Manager will still see the theme, even if the css is broken.