The Road to Zorin 16

That's vague. I saw the 3,2,1 or it looks like 1,2,3 as you scroll.

look at the time they been posted

It's still vague. I can see the time. I see Wallpaper backgrounds. I see a series of numbers that can be 3, 2 or 1. It is Vague. It does not Mention Zorin OS 16. It does not mention releases. It does not mention alpha, beta, gamma, delta, omicon or omega.
Pinned at the top is an announcement for the release or Zorin 15.
Below those screenshots without descriptions is commentary about Zorin OS in general.

I do not doubt any of your take on the issue. However, there is nothing in that that would tell most of us users that Zorin OS 16 Beta is due for release. There is nothing about that the average user may look at and say, "Now I know what is going on and have a release date for a specific item."
Maybe I did not see some comment some where that points to that and says, "That is about Zorin OS Beta 16." Feel free to link to it. But what I do not see is a Clear and Defined announcement. I see a Vague series of numbers with no context.

Yes, I agree it is vague. There is this though:

We're currently putting the finishing touches on the Zorin OS 16 Beta, which will include many improvements and fixes compared to the Private Alpha. We're planning to release it next week

This was posted here by AZorin 7 days ago.

1 Like

Here is that comment from AZorin 7days ago: Thanks for your interest in testing! We're currently putting the finishing touches on the Zorin OS 16 Beta, which will include many improvements and fixes compared to the Private Alpha. We're planning to release it NEXT WEEK, so we would recommend you to wait until then before testing Zorin OS 16.

1 Like

This is a feedback thread regarding the testing of Zorin 16 alpha. I do appreciate your enthusiasm, but to keep this on topic maybe you should continue this discussion in the chat about zorin category:

Or here:

These are valid points. However, I think my mind is still on the Other thread where we discuss the essential necessity of ZorinGroup being forthcoming with clear announcements that users can gauge the readiness of the next release. That thread ultimately led to several of us previewing the Zorin OS16 Alpha build- which is phenomenally fast and impressive.

Carrying that over in this thread, my mind went back to that. Seeing a reference to a post made on this forum, in combination with a Twitter Hint - is Valid... But not necessarily something that general users would then know what is going on and what to expect. You almost have to be 'in the loop'.
Appreciation to all of you that are posting your comments as that does help fill in the information. I must maintain my position that the ZorinGroup is best served by making clear announcements to users in a way that users feel informed.

Uhm... Actually... no. This is a thread intended as a 'stand-in' Roadmap toward the release and realization of Zorin OS 16. For discussing what to expect from it, release dates... It's a road map toward that goal, so I would say the above commentary is all on topic.
Multiple threads have been started asking about the release of Zorin 16, which led to some pretty discouraging commentary and a general sense of silence from the team.
My intent on starting this thread was to create a Fresh Start with a more positive attitude toward the impending release of Zorin OS 16 and what we can expect, rather than an existing thread asking whether there would be a Z16 or an existing thread that had turned primarily negative in its tone.
My hope is that the ZorinGroup will create a Roadmap of their own - perhaps a forum thread or perhaps a dedicated page on this website. But a kind of 'blog' of some sort that clearly defines the Road toward the Next Release.

1 Like

My mistake.
The introduction of alpha was more to placate us than to provide insight and communication. Seems communication, for most developers, is the most difficult and to be avoided at all costs.
I can see how again the lack of communication is again forcing users/enthusiasts to "guess" regarding release... making it relevant. Not my first avenue of thought.
But according to your op:

I think sometimes, my own communication could stand some work. :wink:
Sometimes I post by the seat of my pants.

conflicts with:

I would say that the release of Zorin OS 16 Beta falls under 'active developments of Zorin OS 16', rather than, "when will OS 16 be released." But it, too, is pretty vague. My thinking in the OP was that we were having a pretty intense talk on it (expressing concerns) and I wanted to avoid a continuation of that in a new thread trying to adopt a more upbeat tone. Come to think of it, people could update in this thread when Zorin 16 OS (proper) may be released and still be on topic.
Poor wording on my part.

1 Like

It is difficult at times to understand one's intentions, unless one is overly explicit in posts, to define vague or contradictory statements.
It is difficult not to focus on when, especially since the Zorin's themselves have posted time frames. Though we all know they should have been taken lightly for we don't know of the complications they have encountered, as they also tried to explain.
Personally i have tried to refrain from "when" and focus more on what. To see a Zorin in here and attempting communication, even if not in any great detail, is better than a specific date and gives me hope that they are attempting to focus on the community to some degree. I was hoping that this would be an eye opener and would increase they're drive to communicate, even if they were having difficulty.
Focusing on the build rather than when, I thought, would bring them around a little more and provide a little insight.

1 Like

I would love a little more interaction by the Zorin's. I understand they think of it from a business point of view. But they must understand that the community they created is more akin to family and friends, not business associates and sister companies. The hope of a down to earth, family oriented business model... thar rarely truly exist anymore. Open communication is usually considered fresh and motivating, when reported by the news in regards to companies. Lawyers complicate this and leave communities to either thrive or die on their own, which is sad.
I currently stand by the what principal i explained earlier and wish to leave when out of it to hopefully engage the Zorin's in more open communication so we all have a better understanding of the development cycle, os and the community as a whole.

There is a common quote, usually attributed to Lincoln, or maybe Confucius:

It is better to remain silent and have people think you are a fool, then to open your mouth and confirm it.

I consider such proverbs to be thought experiments, not words of wisdom to live by. I can refute the wisdom in any proverb with a well-reasoned counter argument. Even though they often can apply nicely.
I say it is better to speak and be heard, in spite of conflict. I would rather be a fool, than complacent. I would rather be an enemy, than a nobody.
I can ask forgiveness after a fight, but I could never forgive myself for allowing cries to go unheard.

The ZorinGroup strike me as self-conscious, the same way. Silence may seem preferable over judgment.
I pointed out- in that other thread- that Judgment is inevitable. Silence can be judged more harshly, as it leaves the imagination open. And an open imagination on a topic of frustration does not turn toward Benefit of the Doubt. It turns toward suspicion and accusation.
We all know this. We all experience it.

I know I am often judged silently. Me being silent will not halt that. But it is easier to judge when the Road Forward is paved with communication. Silence does not inhibit conflict, it does not stop judgment nor does it prevent mistakes in communication. I am also offtopic per my OP. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Am I off topic if I'm posting this from Zorin Alpha? :wink:

I know a changelog could be time consuming, but is it possible with some of these updates that come down. Even if it to say bug fixes, new features and security updates? The update today was for Zorin Appearance in the size of 127Kb, but there really is no change that I see.

You guys are hilarious, you remind me of a kid walking up to the candy store, mouth watering in anticipation. But you run inside, knock over the display stand, just to get to the candy you most desire, that just came out. But what you didn't realize is, the candy you just stuck in your mouth, that mom hasn't paid for yet, is an everlasting gob stopper. Your body grows in size, you puff up like a baloon, and you even turn blue! Now mommies not happy, and she's about to do what Americans love to do, sue! :rofl:

Zorin 16 is an everlasting gobstopper?

I'm talking about your guys anticipation of OS16, you guys are acting like kids trying to get the latest toy, or the latest candy at the store. You guys are funny, you got me laughing over here. lol

Sorry, the sweet shop does not open until tomorrow.

1 Like

I got a cot set up. And a tent. An alarm clock. And land mines at the door.

1 Like

Beta is out! YAY!

3 Likes