Touchpad has decided to stop working

Okay, you've got me going...I have the BIOS info in front of me (same screen where I would change the boot order only now I'm looking at the Info and Config tabs) and while I don't see anything that specifically says PS/2 is enabled, I do see "Always on USB" shown as

So based on what you later explained about most things today being USB, wouldn't "always on USB" mean "never PS/2".....?

(ADDED LATER) One other thing...this Lenovo Flex 3 laptop does not have a round pins-with-slot connector anywhere around its edges. So....more evidence of "No"?

Emulation is not the same as having the old mouse port.
As far as not seeing it in BIOS - it depends on the manufacturer.

What "always on USB" means, is that the USB stays supplying power even if the Notebook or Desktop computer is shutdown. This way, the USB port can continue to charge a peripheral item or dock.

@Aravisian, okay then we've probably reached the limit of what I know how to do and where to look to try to determine if this Lenovo Flex 3's BIOS has PS/2 emulation enabled.

Same for me, actually... Was I off the mark about it being a Lenovo Ideapad?

It's a Lenovo Flex 3. I don't know Lenovo well enough to be familiar with whether that series falls under their Ideapad line or not.

Some good news to report one day later: I just did a cold start up (mouse is off and put away) and the touchpad is working!

1 Like

Just to ask, sure Touchpad is enabled on Mouse and touchpad?

Yes, see my original post. Thanks, though!

1 Like

Yes, now I just read it :blush:

The modprobe may have gotten it recognized. Perhaps that was all that was needed... let's hope.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.