Unofficial Manual for Zorin 17 Core (various file formats) - Mk IIII 18.01.2024 comic relief

Hi Swarf,
I have just had need to refer to the new Manual. Already being of use and a helpful reference.

I spotted a couple of references to "Beta" on p89 and p169 I think (PDF version). I assume they may be a carry over from what was originally a Z17Beta Manual.

Yes it is. No change in the final though from what I can tell. I have changed 1 item that was not relevant, left the others in as they referred to screenshots taken from a VM of the Beta. The title page has been amended to reflect this:

(amended from Unofficial Manual for ZorinOS 15 Core and Zorin 17 Core Beta)

1 Like

OK, so Mk.III has been 'completed' in the font of Comic Relief that comes with Zorin 17 Core. I have redone the section on Timeshift and given information on the PPA to get it and used an article from the web that I did not feel comforatable with acknowledging as it had adult adverts of 'red carpet' actress dress blunders withing it. Also not appropriate as I have added an Addendum2 to cover Parental Control application missed from the main manual. In addition at the very end I have provided the link to the official help page of Zorin and lastly a link to the forum.
What is missing? An updated Contents page - wanted to get this out in time for New Year! Have a good 2024 everyone!

This folder also contains an .odt file and the Comic Relief Fonts. I daren't look at the .odt file in case of continous glitches! Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhh!

1 Like

Have just updated the Comic Relief to Mk. IIII and now in .odt, .pdf, .tmdx and .docx formats - I have not checked .tmdx or .docx formats for any errors.
Will get around to amending Dyslexic font manual and Bitstream Vera font manual in due course.

@John57 Which file? Comic Relief?

Just wanted to say thanks for this! Being a linux noob this is a great way to get a good start on Zorin 17. I've been using Zorin 16 for around 2 months now and just did the upgrade to 17 and thanks to this manual I have now a few really interesting and useful apps to install. Thanks again for your work and effort on this!

1 Like

My pleasure friend.

1 Like

Very good job! @swarfendor437 very nice guide step by step.

1 Like

"Comic Relief" pdf
working now
Thank you.

1 Like

WOW! This is nice to have.

Also nice to run across a fellow Murena user in the wild. Lol.

1 Like

On the pdf version all the links in the Hardware manufacturers under USA all point to thinkpenguin.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will take a look tomorrow at sorting this out. I am currently restoring my Windows 7 which I use for my website creation. Been restoring for 3 hours, only another 2 hours to go!

1 Like

@unklebonehead - many thanks for your attention to detail - I have since discovered that all the different file formats for the Unofficial Manual for Zorin 17 Mk.IIII Comic Relief files also had the same error. So glad I purchased PDF Studio Pro for editing the pdf!

Currently uploading the corrected versions, all file formats, .pdf, .odt, .tmdx, .docx.

Thanks again! :pray:

2 Likes

You are quite welcome.
It's a great looking document. I dont even want to think how much time and effort you put into it.
I dont think I could've even gotten it started let alone finished. Lol.

Well I did have the Unofficial Manual I created for Zorin 15 as a base line so that helped a bit. I worked on the Unofficial Manual for Beta of 17 and that was Q&D about 3 days. The base manual for 17 core took about 3-5 days. I'm retired now so got plenty of free time (currently wasting on PS4 Pro playing Blacklight Retribution and 2K 2023 Tiger Woods Golf!)

1 Like

Having a good foundation for that kind of stuff always helps. Sounds like you been keeping one maintained for awhile.

Im not retired yet but getting close. Got about 10 years left. Unless I can somehow win a lottery somewhere. Lol. Im not a gamer myself but I do have to do Team Fortress 2 every night just to blow off steam.

Well like all good engineers I installed Zorin and muddled through booting errors etc then read @swarfendor437 manual which is very good and gives a newbie a good insight into Zorin. I am now an expert on OCR. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Swarf.
I just looked at Mk.IIII (or shold that be Mk.IV) .docx version with Word 365 and it was not perfect. The front page had black rectangles and missing text. Maybe it is OK on older MS Word.
I then looked at same .docx online at Murena. It was rendered OK by "Open Office" applied there, but displays in Arial or similar font. I myself prefer that font over Comic Relief font. However part of Contents page was not perfect. Maybe because was not in Comic Relief font, but that's only a guess. Zab

I will take a look in a bit. Thanks. Recovering from filling and temporary crown. My gland is swollen and not feeling great.