UNRESOLVED - /dev/sdc5 32 gig?

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining.

Stacer is another good cleaning tool too:

https://oguzhaninan.github.io/Stacer-Web/

Thanks. I tried that one on the original install. It didn't help at all.

So when I can into the /var folder the lib folder in there has 17+ gig, log has 40.5 gig. Found this going on in the syslog.1

ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [_GPE._L6F.PGRT], AE_NOT_FOUND (20201113/psargs-330)

ACPI Error: Aborting method _GPE._L6F due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20201113/psparse-529)

As well as a couple other lines. No idea what it means.

You might try using the grub parameter "noacpi" and see if that reduces the log buildup...

I'm going to wait until I hear back from Zorin Support. See if they can fix this.

1 Like

Any idea when they're "back in the office"? Curious to see if I can get my issue resolved.

I moved your post here. Starting a new thread will only confuse people since they won't know which issue you're referring to.

1 Like

I was confused by "wait until I hear back from Zorin Support" as your forum profile says you have Core which does not include that entitlement.
Please edit your forum profile to indicate "Pro" instead of "Core".

Note there are just two Zorin devs, so reply to your support request may take some time. I believe 3 Jan is a public holiday in Ireland.

If you are in a hurry, you may be better off continuing to receive online support from the community here on the forum.

1 Like

@FlamingDuck In my experience you can get answear about a month from support. Here you get faster answear. Here also people have a good experience. Mostly the answears on forum are the same what on support.

Done. :+1:

So far I haven't found a solution to this problem. The dev/sdc5 is at around 82 gigs. It's quite frustrating. As I mentioned it was the same issue with PopOs. Both are Ubuntu based and I've found posts about this from 7 years ago. So far no fix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/pb9eti/devmapperdataroot_is_100_full_but_the_disk_is_not/
Here is from 2021 but from reddit not always tips could be good, can testing on your risk.

1 Like

It seems like a number of people have had this issue over the years but there's no easy fix. Using a non-Ubuntu distro may be the answer, but that doesn't fix the problem.

Nobody in this world is perfect.

1 Like

No, but the oldest post I've now found about this issue is 8 years 7 months.... and it's still an issue. I'll see if I can get a fix for a couple more weeks, but if not I think I'll pack linux away for a couple years and see what happens then. This is just taking up too much time and I've only just installed. At this point I don't have to worry about losing files and whatnot because I don't use Linux as a daily drive, and this is why. So for now I can experiment. In the past couple months I've tried Linux Mint, PopOs, and now Zorin. Just getting a little tired of troubleshooting one problem. I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

For your replay if you reading post from reddit it was wrote it taken 50% size
"Your LV is statically defined at 50% of the VG."
I have this a same experience when wondering why my hard disk ssd was very fast full.

Here the last line " Clean up and found that most of the space under /dev/mapper/centos-root has been released."

Some people wrote they resolved that problem.

1 Like

Edited title.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.