UNRESOLVED - Something to think about - printer

OK I'm done with this Thread it has gone on far to long the problem of the printer was solved by swarfendor437 in post # 20 by using the AppSocket/HP JetDirect method .... but the Printer Properties needed to be further modified .....

After all the modifications the printer did and does still work but now it will not work with my VPN on .... I can run one or the other but not both at the same time .... which is what I intend to do for now ....

As this problem is not solved totally I will leave it as such and just abandon the Thread .... if someone feels that it is solved by all means mark it as so ....

Thanks to everyone for all you suggestions and replies .... :+1: :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

I have added UNRESOLVED to subject line, to avoid @carmar the job.
If @Frog does stumble on a solution, then he can always come back here.

2 Likes

I solved the problem or rather with Nordvpn Support I solved the problem ...... after the CUPS update it recognized my printer model but still when trying to print returned a "Can not find printer" ....

I contacted Nordvpn support and they found a solution for me ..... after several emails back and forth I entered a subnet address then sent me into the terminal and it worked .....

Been 4 days now with no problems ..... so I'll mark this problem solved ...... thanks to everyone above who offered their support ....

2 Likes