Upgraded GPU, now display is low res

Hello all.

Today, I upgraded my GPU from a 1080 to a 6800xt. Everything works fine, except for my main monitor.

My secondary monitor displays 1920x1080 everything is fine - games seem to run fine also. My main gaming monitor, which is also head level( and is a far superior monitor), only displays 1024x768 @ 60hz now. Normally runs at 1920x1080 @ 144hz.

Tried many tips here already, but nothing has worked. Would rather not do a reinstall at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried changing resolution and refresh rate using xrandr?

Have you downloaded the Driver?

Many times. Doesnt see anything beyond 1024x768. Thanks for your suggestion.

Only a Windows driver from the website. Looking into how to reset monitor driver in Linux, but there isnt much info on it.

You can also addmode with xrandr if it is not seeing the resolution you need.

Thank you. I had already tried that, and it failed. I tried it again, and the same result - the resolution is added, but the resolution wont switch.

Ive read others having issues with the 6800xt. Its gotta be the card.

I had this same issue in Windows, but was able to solve it by installing the official monitor driver.

Does anyone have any idea how to find the monitor driver in Linux? Im pretty sure there isnt one, but there must be some code I can manipulate? This is brutal. The monitor works at 1920x1080 @60hz on hdmi, but I'm on displayport, and it maxes out at 1024x768 @ 60 hz.

Can you please relay the xrandr command you used?
I am using DisplayPort on Nvidia 3060 without any trouble.

The card seemed bugged on properly recognizing high refresh rate monitors through Displayport.

Three monitors tried - all failed. Used an HDMI 2.1 cable, and everything works as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.