Upgraded version of zorin 17

When i upgrade to the next version of zorin,will i lose all my files,data,etc?.

You will not lose your files if you use the Zorin Upgrader tool.

However, you can lose files if you instead download the .iso and burn it to a USB stick or disk and preform an overwrite install (Fresh install).

Where do i find the Zorin Upgrader tool and how do i use it?. When it's time to upgrade from Zorin 17 to 17.1 or 18 (whatever it will be) i will need step by step instructions on how to do it.

In your app menu, search by typing into the menu zorin and you should see an app appear labeled "Upgrade Zorin OS"

For this portion:
You do not need to use the Zorin Upgrader tool for the point releases.
The point releases are included in all major versions and the system will give a ntoification when updates are available. All you need to do is choose the button "install now" or "Remind me later."

But for major releases like upgrading 16 to 17 or 17 to 18; that is the direct upgrade option for which the Zorin Upgrader tool is designed; and now you know where to find it.

I know the Zorin OS upgrader is currently in Beta testing. Are you saying that the app menu is not currently available?

when will the version be available ?

Please see here:
https://forum.zorin.com/t/members-notice-zorin-os-17-upgrader-tool/32281/3

A release date is not yet set; but follow the Zorin Newsletter to be informed immediately when it is.

Oh ok , thanks !!

1 Like

The Zorin Upgrader tool is not yet officially released in regards to Zorin OS 17 (It is available and working for Zorin OS 15 and Zorin OS 16); the App Menu is present in Zorin OS 17 and Zorin OS is officially released and fully functional.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.