VGA Adapter to HDMI

Have a Lenovo T410 type 2522-4DU.
The computer is running Zorin 15.2.
It is up to date as of today.
I want to use in a classroom with a projector. No HDMI port on the computer, VGA only.
So I connected the Projector to the computer with several different brands of VHA to HDMI adapters. The projector doesn’t connect. It doesn’t even see the connection.
Cables used are working great with an Apple OS and Windows.
Anyone run into this issue? Any ideals.
Yes, everything is updated on the computer and no drivers are offered in settings…the are already installed.
Regards

Do any of the posts here help https://askubuntu.com/questions/957973/display-port-monitor-not-detected-ubuntu-14-04-vga-ok-intel-gc ? I understand your issue is a bit different but you do have Intel as well as NVIDIA GPUs, so I’m wondering if this may be related.

1 Like

I think carmar has highlighted the issue as this from Lenovo official documentation:

"Video
Display

14.1" WXGA (1280x800) display, anti-glare, LED backlight
14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) display, anti-glare, LED backlight

Notes:
Support for a external monitor is through VGA DB-15 connector
Support for digital monitor via DisplayPort (supports single-link DVI-D via cable 45J7915)
Maximum external resolution: 2560x1600 (DisplayPort)@60Hz; 2048x1536 (VGA)@75Hz; 1920x1200@60Hz (single-link DVI-D via cable 45J7915
All displays are measured diagonally. 

Graphic Controller
Video chipsets:

Intel HD Graphics
256MB NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS3100M"

Does this article help?:

Possible hardware solution?:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/usb-20-vgadvihdmi-multi-display-video-adapter-tpe-usbgfxad2

1 Like

Swarf, your askubuntu link also seems to relate to the issue you cited here, correct?
I’m saving these resources for when I next do an install, is why I ask.

I am looking at this thread differently - I was thinking like you about the hybrid element, then the fact that the user has no issues with Windows and iOS - = hardware issue - thinkpenguin sells products that generally work (I did have to return a sound card that I could not get to work that should have by rights). It could be a combination of the hybrid graphics and the fact that the connections might need some Linux hardware to make the connection … I could of course be totally wrong!