Video plays without audio

If it was my computer ... I would start over from scratch.

5 Likes

Probably the best thing I can do here, true

Never asked, but do you have a separate soundcard? (And I don't mean on-board sound.)

Hey there,

so I've been back to Windows, only come to find Zorin has spoiled me too much and now I clean installed Zorin again :sweat_smile: Just FYI.

It also seems like this is a general issue with my (audio) system, as the issues still go on after a clean install (Like wiping every bit of the previous installations and re-install it), but to answer your question precisely: No, I don't use a seperate soundcard, but my motherboard has some sound settings, gonna check those later :slight_smile:

1 Like

I assume the kernel panic error is gone ?

1 Like

It most definitely is! :slightly_smiling_face:

However, I can't be lucky this time around it seems. Now the freshly installed zorin OS isn't booting anymore..........

It's stuck on the motherboards splash screen. AM I SO MUCH OF A NOOB TO KEEP AN OPERATING SYSTEM RUNNING LONGER THAN TEA TIME? FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

Some audio cards need small fixing.

What card you you have ?

I have an RTX 3090 from Zotac. Just nothing happens anymore....

Thats a gpu or do they come with soundcards these days ????

Oh sorry. I've read video card :sweat_smile: about the sound card I'm not sure which one comes with the MB I have. Will check later :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In terminal write lspci, post everything from it here please.

As soon as I have an OS again sure :confused:

1 Like

I have noooo idea what the issue is again. I'm quite desperate lol

It's just stuck on my motherboard's splash screen for 10 minutes now. No error codes on the motherboard. Seconds earlier it booted just fine

Your changing symptoms remind me of about a year ago when my hard drive was starting to fail. Things would be working fine then one or another weird things would happen. Just a thought.

2 Likes

@citfta , good observation.
@Acrunch , it maybe worthwhile to run S.M.A.R.T. scan and check the integrity of the drive.

For reference, I consider myself a noob, or new to Linux.
There comes a point where you may have to accept that the problem... is not you.:wink:

3 Likes

Worry not. It is obvious that Iā€™m the expert on this forum.

4 Likes

I have seen that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Marked solution. 88

download er whatsapp and replace it with previous whatsapp

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.