Warning- they are using Archive.org to pirate Pro edition

Yes, and what they dont understand , it is not paying for additional layouts or few more apps. It is just support, at least minimum what you can do if you are supporting this project.

That is exactly why I don't do torrenting. That service has been well known for years, for hosting files with virus's and spyware, and thats even before the ransomeware started!

It is not logical to take such risks in torrenting, or pirating, it simply doesn't pay. But what I'd like to know, is who the person is on Reddit who actually stole the software in the first place and is actively doing the pirating and distribution of it.

I am sure the Zorin dev's will get to the bottom of it, which is easier to do once you get law enforcement involved. And you asked what kind of person would do this? Oh well, you know, the typical low life human being who has nothing else to do but to hurt people.

So, this is what things have evolved to now, where the Zorin dev's now have to fight to keep their software safe. Who knows, this could involve a whole ordeal with copyright infringement as well before this whole ordeal is over.

Whatever the Zorin team needs to do, to make them stop, is what they will have to do. I agree, it aint right, and it needs to be stopped. I am sincerely hoping that they can get a handle on this situation and put a stop to it.

2 Likes

I remember when computers magazine selling with cd long time ago or still do that with some software antyvirus and the best on this cd plate was a plenty malicious virus on this magazine to push a client to buying antyvirus what was on this cd plate. Marketing gived you miracles.

I think that what we call "match pump" in Japanese English.
Setting fire with a match then selling a water pump to extinguish it. A Classic.

2 Likes

Very well said French Press. This is exactly what some supposed anti-virus programs were doing back in the day. They in themselves were actual virus's/spyware, which is why they slowed the computers down so much.

And back in those days, computers had very little memory, and it didn't take much to make a computer crash back then. Then they would say, see, if you want better protection, you have to pay for the paid tier of the software.

Thank you very much for letting us know about this.

We have now sent messages to both the moderator of the Reddit page as well as Archive org asking them to take down the infringing content.

15 Likes

Google Play games- Search any pay-for game on the net with the keyword "hack" or "Free" and you will see what drives people.

3 Likes

Use Fdroid.... Its good for the mental health :smiley:

1 Like

IDK, maybe people downloading torrents are hoping for heard immunity? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nah, if you download torrent or virus on Linux , you are safe. Virus is only for windows :slight_smile: /s

1 Like

It isn't. And if a pirated copy of a linux distro was being used, it could cotnain linux viruses.

Linux is much safer and more secure than Windows, currently, but it is not totally virus free.

1 Like

How bad that kind of people, until now I have not bought Zorin 6 pro; I am hoping to get out of some financial affairs to help with the contributions @zorink y @AZorin :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I thought that ironically :slight_smile: That is how those people probably thinking.

1 Like

I recommend you to check Bleeping Computer and reasonably get paranoid - which is a healthy thing to have.

1 Like

You forgot to add
/s
at the end of your comment.

1 Like

Hi Joel,
You are attracting me with your Spanish accent again :heart_eyes:

Oh wow, in the heat of the night, the temperatures are rising, endorphins are racing, the heart is singing. What could it be? The sexy Spanish accent. HEHE :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Actually Marco was just joking.
He forgot to add /s at the end of his comment.

@marko94
It is not too late - you could add /s at the end of your comment so that you will not get criticised any more :wink:

1 Like

Hi, first, thank you for those informations, it is always great to learn something new.
I am always careful what I am doing on internet, which site I am using, which apps, software. That is why I ditched Windows few years ago.

And second, my comment is just a joke. Based on those post from reddit. Sorry if someone took it for the real :confused:

1 Like

I just saw this on Telegram

Someone shared pro 16 Zorin link

2 Likes