What is the black dot next to Date/Time?

Hi All

What is the black dot that sometimes appears to the right of the date/time? When I click it, it disappears but nothing appears to happen

Thanks all

It indicates a new notification. And when you click on it, you will see the notification and after you see it, it disappears.

6 Likes

Yes, that is the notification DOT, which on my machine is BLUE, cause thats just the way I role baby woohoo!

StarTreker

yoda
Who Had a Momentary
Burst Of Excitement!

LOL...

1 Like

So, unless I'm being particularly stupid, when I click the dot, nothing comes up. No notifications. Is it meant to be the banner at the top of the display?

Clicking the DOT, simply tells the notification DOT, I get it, I have notifications, now go away lol. I know, so counter intuitive to what you would think the DOT would actually do if you clicked on it.

Think of it like an alarm on a submarine, the alarm goes off, you press the button to shut the alarm off. But if you want to actually see the overpressure situation, you'd look at the gauge to take a reading.

So in this case, you click on your system tray icon just to the left of the DOT, to see your notifications.

3 Likes

Ok, thank you.

I’ll try that next time I see a notification dot!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.