What is the reason for ZorinOS 16 r2/3/4?

I agree.. if we dont have moderators here and few knowledgable people, community will be dead.

4 Likes

It would be as easy to post a general announcement on the forum as it would be to tell the Moderators. It's equal effort.
Seeing a post from Azorin or zorink carries more weight than seeing a post from someone else saying they heard that the Zorins said such-and-such.

3 Likes

Write a snail mail?
Send a real (not virtual) telegram?
Their physical address is posted in their official website.
Now I am really at my wits end.

1 Like

We don't need much. Just a post saying:

"Zorin lite will be released on such-and-such a date. And we also want to thank all our community and those who purchased Zorin, you have really made a difference and we would not be here without you"

That took 45 seconds to write.

3 Likes

Thats the issue right there, I have been saying it on this forum since day one, lack of communication. But I lacked a piece of knowledge that I have now. I used to think that the dev's just didn't update the public board, I thought they were still at least keeping a line of communication open with the mods who really run this site and keep it running smooth.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that the mods themselves don't even have a line of communication open with them? Its no secret that I put in a lot of my time to help the forum and the members on here. And I really do want to do all that I can here. But here's the thing, I do have a real problem with the lack of communication.

Cause you see, its not just not communicating with the members, its not communicating with the mods, so yeah, its a real problem, what can I say guys. And leaving tons of people in doubt about your intentions by uploading new ISO's to the download mirror with no supporting HASH check, yikes.

3 Likes

We just made the r3 release of Zorin OS 16 Core fully available a couple of minutes ago (after it synced to all of our mirrors), and have posted some information about it here: Zorin OS 16 r3 incremental release

6 Likes

Someone said r4? :slight_smile:
It is uploaded yesterday

I hope we will see lite version asap xD as work is in progress it seems

1 Like

For Z16 Core Zorin.com and mirrors are all still showing r3. I cannot confirm for Z16 Pro.

1 Like

For my country it is r4 already

1 Like

Just checked again. You are not wrong, it is indeed now unannounced r4 on mirrors.

I can't keep up with this rate of change.

2 Likes

hehe, I am just waiting for lite version to switch back to Zorin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im going to stick with Z15.3 until the dust settles.

1 Like

Jeff is waiting for Lite too. I am waiting for LITE only because I will get to see Jeff happy, and I will be greatly pleased by that. :blush:

2 Likes

I wonder if Zorin OS 15 initial release had several revisions but unmarked, so we never got nervous about it.
IF this is the case, it means that the ZorinGroup decided to begin that practice- perhaps prompted by the initial r1 that was needed due to the Ubuntu mainline bug.

I would perceive it as a Step Forward.

2 Likes

I don't think so. The Z15.0 SHA256 never changed as far as I can recall, until we got to Z15.1

The r1 was obvious at the time. r2 I don't know, maybe to avoid the "kernel from hell". r3 we had the (belated) announcement.

We need another anouncement from @AZorin @zorink regarding reason for r4.

3 Likes

and more informations about Lite version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha Ha. Lite is at the end of the tunnel.

We could all go into speculation and rumour that maybe r'n' (where n approaches infinity) revisions to Z16.0 may relate to Lite. i.e. Zorin Bros consolidating development improvements for Lite back into Core and Pro. But it would be good to know something (anything) from the 2 guys in the development bunker.

EDIT: I have amended the thread title.

2 Likes

Best line... ever.

Yeah, we can speculate when Lite will be out, and we all want them now.

I hope that Zorin brothers will inform us about that also.

R4 :joy:.

How many R versions they want to release in a week ?