What second distribution?

Just installed on vm but is very diffrent. I will learning more about that operating system is very diffrent from many popular distributions. I saw in apperance have some settings with fedora,gnome2 and opensuse.

Well i have still minut cinnamon on bare metal.

1 Like

I always like to explore underrated, non-popular operating systems, and that's how I stumbled across Parrot OS; since then, it has become one of my favorite OS.

It depends how you using that Parrot.
It is could be a daily driver on bare metal?
Never heard youtubers talking to much about that distro to be a daily driver.
This distribution mostly compare to Kali linux.

1 Like

Home edition can be used as a daily driver

Copy from linux.org good answear.
"This is the most asked question we receive, and the answer is, NO one distribution is better than any other, some may be a little easier for the newbie moving from Windows, some are designed for a specific task, and a few are for experienced Linux users only.
THE BEST DISTRIBUTION
Is the one that works best on your machine, The one you like the look and feel of, the one that lets you perform your daily tasks.
We recommend that you download around 6 different distributions with different desktops, and test them out "live" from a Pen-drive, You will not get a full speed experience, but you will be able to see if you like the look and feel of a particular distribution, and if everything works [wi-fi, camera, touchpad etc.]
YOUR MACHINE
Any machine built with an amd64 [or intel] and has at least 4Gb of ram will be capable of running any Linux distribution you choose
If you only have 2Gb of ram, then there are many lightweight distributions you can run,
If your machine is more than 10 yrs old with a 64bit CPU then personally I would recommend you use one of the medium or lightweight builds,
What is best for me or any other member, Is not necessarily the best for you,
ONLY YOU CAN CHOOSE"

What is the rumor about pop os and rust? That's jeans something new?

Pop OS! is making their own new DE written in rust called cosmic desktop

1 Like

So it will be something new in the world linux. Something diffrent, they will get own package. Something like apple but not really apple. It could be new evolution linux users or programmers software wrote in rust. It could be interesting. Like a newborn baby. It propably takes many time to wrote that all.

1 Like

At the moment I'm running multiply Linux distro in vbox.

Are you doing 6 months challenge linux like a youtuber channel The Linux Cast?

No, I'm testing my themes in different environments.

That is great. Then you know which one working for you and how hard they can be customized.

IA chatGPT on linux with working nvidia drivers Wayland.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.