Where do I put new drivers

zabadabadoo gave the answer to this issue already - it needs a patch applying.

rpm = red hat package manager - any distro that uses red hat package manager, such as Red Hat, Fedora, SuSE Linux - there may be more. Arch actually tends to use .deb packages or tar.gz packages - and has a plethora of different tools to install a printer - unless you are using Artix and that doesn't list Canon Printers in Printers! D'OH!

1 Like

I answered your post in the other thread about printers ..... I am printing using WiFi not USB cable ..... in fact I have never used a USB cable to print with as my printer is across the room from my laptop .....

My printer was working just fine a week or so ago when all of a sudden it quit .... not sure if cups did a update or not

I should uninstall cups and reinstall it as I have messed around with the settings way to much ..... tried uninstalling it in the Gnome Software but it won't let me for some reason .... how can I uninstall it and reinstall it using the terminal ..... the board Q&A don't explain very clearly .....

The problem was resolved please see my thread on "
Something to think about - printer

(Something to think about - printer - #21 by zabadabadoo)

I would like tho thank all the people on this thread for their help and suggestions in solving this issue ....

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.