Which Gnome extensions do you use on Zorin OS?

What does color picker do?

It gives me the hex value of any color on my screen. I do artwork sometimes and it is helpful.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/3396/color-picker/

1 Like

While I can not use Rounded Window Corners on Zorin I did find an extension called Rounded Corners that gives a Mac-like effect that I do like actually. it rounds out the edges of the screen.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1514/rounded-corners/

1 Like

Is it able to also round out the corners of the Bottom of NoteBookStack windows on Gnome D.E.?

There is an extension that forces all Gnome windows to be rounded but Gnome 40 is the lowest it supports unfortunately.

The one I have installed basically puts black pixels around the very edge of the screen to make the screen itself appear more rounded kinda like Macs do. (But not exactly)

1 Like
  • ArcMenu
  • Clipboard Indicator
  • Date Menu Formatter

Nice ones.

I am currently trying to decide if I like the Unite extension.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1287/unite/

Does not work correctly on web browsers which is kind of annoying.

On Zorin I don't use any extensions, before Zorin comes with everything I would ever possibly want preinstalled. I enjoy vanilla Gnome often, Zorin provides a few nice extras, if I want to tweak my experience every now and then.

That is very interesting, because I find Xfce or KDE way more counter intuitive. In Gnome I just go to settings and there you go, every I would ever want to change. And if I really need to change some more I go to tweaks but that usually does not happen. On the other hand, in Xfce stuff seems just all over the place, and although stable and snappy, I takes me ages to adjust something. And KDE is just a buggy mess.

1 Like

As someone who is not a fan of KDE it isn’t “buggy”. The problem it has is it allows the user to make changes to easily and the user causes issues.

Gnome locks user control down by default to try and avoid this.

XFCE and KDE are both awesome depending on what you are looking for. But if you want a system that just works with limited risk of user error Gnome is hard to beat.

I will point out, KDE D.E. started out pretty buggy.

However, Plasma 5 (The Current KDE D.E.) is not buggy.
I have equated it to being like an explosion in a kitestring factory. Every thing every where all over the place.

KDE was AWFUL back when I started Linux in like 2007. I absolutely hated it and I carried an agenda against it for a long time because of it. But the current KDE is honestly pretty amazing. (How performant it is for all it can do) It just needs options to lock it down more.

I believe you. I guess big part of my Gnome bias is that I am so used to and comfortable with it's workflow that any other DE makes me feel handicapped and "blind".

Custom Hot Corners - Extended

It's a fantastic and very useful extension.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Make Peazip default archive manager

On zorin I use Dash To Panel and Arcmenu. They have good Settings to configure it.

1 Like

A few days ago I discovered the Applications extension. I really like it! After I click on the Applications icon in the taskbar/panel all I have to do is just move my mouse cursor over a category and it automatically shows me what is in that category without me having to click on the category to open it first. It makes it real easy to breeze through the categories if you are looking for something and don't remember what category it was in.