WiFi is not showing | No WiFi adapter found error in Zorin

I am using Zorin Ultimate Version 15. And my WiFi is not working in Zorin Linux but it working fine is Windows 10.
My Kernal version is 5.3.0-59-generic

Help me to fix this issue.

If you want more information please let me know.

ramanavenkat@ramanavenkat-zorin:~$ lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Zorin Description: Zorin OS 15.2 Release: 15 Codename: bionic

I got this when I run lshw

`*-network UNCLAIMED
            description: Network controller
            product: QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
            vendor: Qualcomm Atheros
            physical id: 0
            bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
            version: 31
            width: 64 bits
            clock: 33MHz
            capabilities: cap_list
            configuration: latency=0`

when I run lsusb

ramanavenkat@ramanavenkat-zorin:~$ lsusb Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0cf3:e500 Atheros Communications, Inc. Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0438:7900 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub Bus 002 Device 005: ID 22d9:276a Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04f2:b581 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I got this when I run lspci

ramanavenkat@ramanavenkat-zorin:~$ lspci 00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Processor Root Complex 00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) I/O Memory Management Unit 00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Stoney [Radeon R2/R3/R4/R5 Graphics] (rev ea) 00:01.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 15b3 00:02.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Host Bridge 00:02.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Processor Root Port 00:02.4 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Processor Root Port 00:03.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Host Bridge 00:08.0 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 1578 00:09.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 157d 00:09.2 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 15h (Models 60h-6fh) Audio Controller 00:10.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH USB XHCI Controller (rev 20) 00:11.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 4b) 00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH USB EHCI Controller (rev 49) 00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SMBus Controller (rev 4b) 00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge (rev 11) 00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15b0 00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15b1 00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15b2 00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15b3 00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15b4 00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Device 15b5 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15) 02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 31)

iamramanavenkat,
Are you able to connect 'wired' to the net with that machine booted up in Zorin?

If so, please connect wired, then open a terminal and enter in the following:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt full-upgrade

It could be either a driver or the kernel that needs to be updated/upgraded on your system.

1 Like

I did the same but still not working. I am searching solution for more than 3 months. When I am posting this issue in AskUbuntu they’re deleting my posts. Please help me to find the solution.

1 Like

Some laptop manufacturers include a toggle that switches the WiFi off. Please follow up and check that for your manufacturer- You would be surprised how many people that toggle tricks.
Have you checked the Physical Hardware Network Card? The device itself may be faulty or inoperable.

If you have been struggling with this for some months, you may have tried many things, including replacing the kernel. Does this look familiar?

sudo apt update
sudo apt install linux-generic-hwe-KERNELVERSION linux-firmware

Where ‘KERNELVERSION is kernel version number. I think you should be on 5.4.0-42 at this point.

Aside from those, I would look at updating the Firmware, which the second post in this thread should have covered but seems to have not worked. What were the results of the "full-upgrade" command?

Finally, if I can ask, your copy of Zorin Ultimate is covered if you need to Re-Install it. I wonder if full re-install, then restoration of your Home Folder may be the way to go. If you go this route, please ensure that you check the box during the installation to Allow Third party Software.
To back up and restore your Home Folder, please see this thread:

Be Warned: If you choose to reinstall the OS, following the advice in the thread above, you can restore your Home Folder but any software that you installed to root will need to be reinstalled.

If you need help with any of the above, please ask for Step-by-step guidance on each portion that we can individually help you with.

@ iamramanavenkat - it would help if you could advise what make and model of notebook you have - if it’s a lenovo this thread about ‘ideapad’ blocking wifi could be the answer?

Hello! You may want to try an Ubuntu 20.04. The same was true of my wife’s laptop. Zorin 15.2 (Ubuntu 18.04) did not have wifi, but Ubuntu 20.04 did. If this is the case, Zorin 16 will solve the problem. :wink:

2 Likes

29 posts were split to a new topic: Wifi not working after update

Searching still for the solution :frowning:

1 Like

Are you still on the 5.3.0 kernel?

@TechNut - please do not cross post from No wifi adapter found Zorin Lite - that is a forum violation FAQ - Zorin Forum
Your posts have been deleted.

I apologize? I suppose I'm not like many of you - the longer I work on this, the worse it gets.
I certainly had no intentions of transgressing...
I struggle with following the directions; I'll stick with this thread. Thanks; sorry.

Check this link, solution given works for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VVosf9p5GM

the best solution here the second option by finding additional drivers in software update settings

That is not entirely true. Maybe upgrading the OS or reinstalling the same OS might work, but installing 16 will not necessarily be the fix. I am on Zorin 16 Pro and my wifi stopped working out of the blue five days ago. I am connected to the internet via USB tethering on top of Bluetooth tethering.

A post was split to a new topic: Zorin OS 16 wifi stopped working after using Windows in VBox