Wine using usb serial ports

Installed Zorin Core 16. I have a windows application using serial ports (com1,com2). The windows application runs fine under wine on ubuntu 16.04. In ~/.wine/dosdevices have to create symbolic links.

Zorin already has symbolic links in place, but these link to /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1. When replace these with the correct ones, they get overwritten each time I start wine.

How can I keep my symbolic links ?

Thank you.

Just did a bit of a websearch on the subject. Don't know if this will be of any help to you.

hi zabadabado,

Thank you for the information. I think I did not describe the problem correctly.

As far as I can see wine/playonlinux/Zorin application starter rewrite the symbolic links in the folder ~/.wine/dosdevices each time wine is started.

When I change the symbolic link com1 (from /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/ttyUSB0) and restart my application that runs under wine, the link is changed back to /dev/ttyS0. This is something Zorin does. Ubuntu does not re-write symolic links in ~/.wine/dosdevices

My question is "how can I put a persistent link into the folder ~/.wine/dosdevices that links com1 to /dev/ttyUSB0

Thank you.

EDIT: I tried making the folder ~/.wine/dosdevices read only, and then my symbolic links are persistent, but everything in dosdevices is read only, also the C drive...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.