Wine, Windows App Support and Wargaming Game CEntre installation problems

The rm command is a remove command.
the rf is the Recursive files parameter.
The rm -rf comamnd is useful, but should NEVER be run by itself.
In the above instructions, it would
Remove all files with /wine
Remove all icons added to your local/share directory.
This allows you to remove all aspects of Wine and all leftover files from wine.

I would consider that final command to remove icons to be optional, as you may have other icons not associated with Wine in that file (Only you know if you have added any there).

1 Like

I bet you don't playing a games. I dreamer to Linux working a games without Lutris,wine etc.

I've said many times on here that I play games on Steam. I have even shown screenshot proof of this, when you guys got to see a few games in my Steam library. I don't play games in Wine however, I don't use Wine.

Steam doesn't use Wine either exactly. Steam uses PROTON for its compatibility to work with Windows games. This is more of, I don't want to go to all my trouble re-installing half my games that were on the internal drive, cause I don't feel like it.

Also, it will eat up a good chunk of my monthly allotment in internet bandwidth with my ISP, yes, they put tight caps on us poor Americans. Yet they charge a heck of a lot for our internet service per month for having that limited data cap.

Also, while most games on Steam do use cloud saves, not all of them do, and so any games which do not use cloud saves, I have lost my saves in some games as well, and that also leaves one with the feeling of, screw it.

When I think about the raw performance that you are supposed to get from XFCE, in talking about Zorin LITE, I really feel like I want to go wait for Zorin LITE, and just game on that.

So the @Aravisian not playing a games or @FrenchPress or husband her what yousing Debian.
I agree Steam or Epic nothing more to using. The loading games in lutris or wine is neverending journey again and again. This killing a linux sayed he is fast loading a games with some emulators. This is my experiences.

I think Aravisian plays some games.
If you were talking about an absolutely non-gamer, I think my husband and myself are qualified in that category.

Our reason for using Linux is its security aspect and not for its performance (admittedly it runs better than Windows on the same hardware).

For me Linux is more advantage for learning. discovered,experimental. I liked new things games you can find any place a treasure need to find like Pirates from Caribbean.

It's rare that I have time and when I do, they tend to be Mind-Numbers like creeperworld.
About once a year, I might play a Modern Game. I played Tomb Raider 2013 a while back.

Please help! I got WGC working, and then I made a mistake of uninstalling wine and all the packages. It was working but now I can't remove wine sudo apt remove libgnutls30:i386 libldap-2.4-2:i386 libgpg-error0:i386 libxml2:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386
[sudo] password for antoni:
Waiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is heWaiting for cache lock: Could not get loc

This usually just means that another package manager is running.
Check if you have another terminal still open, Synaptic or Software open. If so, close them out completely, then re-run the command in terminal.

Will it matter, if I install Windows App Support from the software store, instead of the terminal?

It should do the same thing.
But I prefer to install from terminal or Synaptic to avoid installing SNAP or FlatPak version by mistake.

2 Likes

It does not matter in regards to the packages, as @FrenchPress also noted.
However, it is worth noting a post just made:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.