X/Wayland issue on a frame.work? [video] Help?

That worked; but I now realize you suggest I boot into 5.10 kernel. I have done-so, but the frame.work community states 5.11+ is required for the frame....

Listen, I like to think my Linux knowledge is high-intermediate, but I continually learn things that I lack. :stuck_out_tongue: I am booted into 5.10 right now ... wifi is still working, cause- well... I'm posting, right? But I wonder if this is the right way to go.... again, the frame.work community suggests 5.11+ for several reasons....

wifi
fingerprint reader
other frame.work hardware requirements...

My specialized knowledge is lacking to get me thru all of this. I'll continue to test the X11 window overlapping issue while booted into 5.10... but I dunno if its the right way to go. :stuck_out_tongue:

I super appreciate your help, regardless - I'm willing to attempt to figure things out... just wish I knew a bit more. :stuck_out_tongue:

pAULIE42o
. . . . . . . . . .
/s

1 Like

As I mentioned above, we can help you to install the 5.14 kernel.

1 Like

Yes, you can use Aravisians patched version I think, he will send it to ya I am sure. :wink:

1 Like

Awesome. Let me do some digging and find out which version might work best… I think 5.13 or even 5.14 but I wanna ask the frame community.

I’m hoping to address this window overlap issue - guess I could search for my hardware, notably the intel mesa graphics, to see if there are kwown compatibility issues in 5.11.

pAULIE42o
. . . . . . . . . .
/s

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked Solution. 351

1 Like