Zenith Cinnamon and Mate Zorin OS Style Themes (XFWM4, too)

Zenith-Grey-Dark now available with all the same caveats as the above O.P.:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-grey-dark

3 Likes

Like it just tried it, wanted to see the looks on XFCE.

1 Like

Also... The above are additions for Cinnamon and Mate that is being used on Zorin OS.
Zorin OS Lite (XFCE) already provides the Zorin Themes.

Zenith-Purple-Dark now available with all the same caveats as the above O.P.

Zenith-Red-Dark now available with all the same caveats as the above O.P.:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-purple-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-red-dark

1 Like

Zenith-Orange-Dark now available with all the same caveats as the above O.P.

Zenith-Green-Dark now available with all the same caveats as the above O.P.:

That is now all of the Dark Themes

Up Next are the Light themes... But I will be taking a break for a time, so please be patient.

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-orange-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-green-dark

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussing Zenith and Dasjdooms Golden Icon Ticket

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussing Zenith and Dasjdooms Golden Icon Ticket

A quick reminder of Intent:

Zorin OS comes with the Zorin Themes, of which you have Zorin-blue-dark, Zorin-red-dark... and so on. These only fully work on Gnome and XFCE, as those are the desktops that come with Zorin OS.
These Zenith themes are complimentary, to add the Additional Support for Mate or Cinnamon Desktops; as Zorin already includes the themes for XFCE and Gnome.

3 Likes

@WillSo Crosslink
@Rui07 Crosslink

The above Zenith themes:
Zenith-Blue-Dark
Zenith-Grey-Dark
Zenith-Purple-Dark
Zenith-Red-Dark
Zenith-Green-Dark
Zenith-Orange-Dark

...all now updated to include an XFWM4 theme for Zorin OS Lite.
You can select the appropriate Zenith Theme for the Window Manager Settings and the appropriate matching Zorin Theme for the Appearance Settings.

This will increase the Grab Area on All Windows for Resizing on XFCE Zorin Lite.

I will continue later to add Zenith-(COLOR)-Light themes in future.

If you already have a Zenith Theme installed:

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

To install:

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-grey-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-blue-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-purple-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-red-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-orange-dark

sudo apt update && sudo apt install zenith-green-dark

7 Likes

Thank you very much :), talking about going an extra mile.

1 Like

MAGIC!!! Now I can resize windows without saying bad words!!

1 Like

Really great work @Aravisian making this theme available to cinnamon (and mate) users!!! Thank you very much.
Any news on the -Light themes? Especially the window decorations would be handy. Personally I prefer dark panel and menu but light window decorations.

Btw. Is it intended that the Zenith Dark Desktop themes do not show the bar below running apps on the panel in Cinnamon D.E.? With other Desktop themes there is a visible line below running apps.

1 Like

The visible bar is a way of showing; there are many... some light the entire button or change the button appearance. I probably used one of my own methods for showing the currently opened tasklist button.
I do not use Gnome, so I may have missed some of the details on how Zorin Theme looks on that D.E. Feedback like this helps suss those details out. I will look into fixing this.

No news other than a series of works in progress...
I have been quite busy lately and slowly working my way through lists of projects between work.

I tested these themes and they work amazingly. However, I wanted to also try them on the Fedora Cinnamon spin, but is that possible somehow considering it uses dnf rather than apt? Is there an option compatible with Fedora?

Thanks Aravisian

Yes, you can install alien

sudo apt install alien

Alien can be used to convert .rpm to .deb and .deb to .rpm.

alien --to-deb /path/to/file.rpm

Or the other way

alien --to-rpm /path/to/file.deb

OR...
You can just extract the .deb file and move the Zenith Theme folder to the relevant /cinnamon/themes folder - which is all that the installer does anyway.

2 Likes

Going the manuel route you described, I was able to put the Zorin Purple Dark theme into the correct folder for the Themes application (/usr/share/themes) to recognize it using root privilege. However, it still doesn't appear in the "applications" theming section like it easily did when I tried it with Zorin OS Cinnamon.

Am I missing a step? Thanks!

In your screenshot,t he browser window is covering the Themes Folder. Can I see a Screenshot of the Themes folder?

1 Like

Here you go!

Oh, I see... These were made to add additional supplement to the existing Zorin Theme. So, they do not contain the GTK portion.
For that, you need the Zorin Theme, which you would not have already on Fedora.
Here you go:
https://launchpad.net/~zorinos/+archive/ubuntu/stable/+files/zorin-desktop-themes_2.1.5_all.deb

2 Likes

That was it! Thanks as always, Aravisian. I wish I could mark your answer as a solution to add to your considerable collection.

1 Like