Zoom meetings keeps on flickering while on fullscreen

The video you posted is made in Windows 10, did you created the video or just found it and share it with us to show what the actual problem is ?

Can you post the output from lspci

No the video is not made in windows 10. I screen recorded it in Zorin. The windows in the video was another participant's screen who was screen sharing at the moment

2 Likes

Your right i am sorry, didn't see the zorin panel :expressionless:.

Can you post a output from lspci

1 Like

0:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 1 (rev 02)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 2 (rev 02)
00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 3 (rev 02)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family PCI Express Port 4 (rev 02)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 02)
00:1d.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 02)
00:1d.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 02)
00:1d.3 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 02)
00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 02)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 02)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7-M Family) SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 02)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family SMBus Controller (rev 02)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controller
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)
15:00.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1510 PC card Cardbus Controller

What happens if you switch to active window to capture ?

This also seems common in KDE Plasma, too. What they both share, but Gnome lacks, is Windows Compositing (Since Gnome generally does little in the way of Window Management).
On XFCE, you might try:
Open Settings, then move to Window Manager Tweaks > Compositor

Uncheck "Enable display Compositing"
You might also uncheck Shadows....
Refresh your desktop and Test Zoom.

You may also check your Refresh rate for your monitor.

2 Likes

Can you explain the explain the question in detail please?

Try it in window mode instead of fullscreen, i have seen people posting that that fixed the flickering for them.

2 Likes

Yes there is no flickering when in window mode but that does not slow transition, breakage of some controls. Most of the time I want to be in full screen because the notes and documents shared will correctly fit to be visible and to write.

The only thing you can try for now is to follow @Aravisian's post Zoom meetings keeps on flickering while on fullscreen - #7 by Aravisian

1 Like

After I have unchecked "Enable display Compositing" it looks like

And could not find any Shadows option

What if you hit the button "all settings"

Gets to this page.

Whaaaat...
I am on Zorin OS 16 Lite:

I wonder why you have fewer setting options.

What is terminal output of

xfwm4 --version

here is another screenshot. I do not know why the first screenshot hide the other options

Oh... You needed to scroll down... :wink:

1 Like

What if you increase the size of the window to approx full screen size. Does that then give you the Zoom controls etc?

1 Like

So which shadows I need to disable? All?

I meant both, just for testing it.

Did not work unfortunately.