Zorin 16 Wifi hook-up

If you can still return for refund, you should do so.
You are the second person I saw misguided by Youtubers.
They used use a blog for stealth marketing but now they seems to change their adobe to Youtube :frowning:

Again thanks, I will return the unit. I am having to go out now, but on my return I will start-up and add your command to the terminal then let you know. Now I have become a member to this forum I shall stick to asking my queries here.

2 Likes

Yup :+1:
I also have to go out in another three hours for some appointment.
If you do not get a reply from me immediately, do not worry. There are lots of friendly volunteers on this forum who will happily assist you :slight_smile:

Let's see if we can help him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, result of terminal command;

peter@peter-Satellite-C660:~$ lspci

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 02)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller (rev 06)

00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 05)

00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 05)

00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM55 Chipset LPC Interface Controller (rev 05)

00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 4 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SMBus Controller (rev 05)

00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Thermal Subsystem (rev 05)

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 05)

06:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (rev 01)

ff:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers (rev 05)

ff:00.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder (rev 05)

ff:02.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Link 0 (rev 05)

ff:02.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 1st Generation Core i3/5/7 Processor QPI Physical 0 (rev 05)

ff:02.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 1st Generation Core i3/5/7 Processor Reserved (rev 05)

ff:02.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 1st Generation Core i3/5/7 Processor Reserved (rev 05)

1 Like

sudo apt install git

git clone https://github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce-linux-driver.git && cd rtl8188ce-linux-driver && ./install.sh

1 Like

I am impressed by how much organised you are!

1 Like

Hi, michel, much appreciate your assistance. But as a newbie still getting to grips with the terminal. So having put in the top line 'sudo apt.... I instinctively pressed enter to start a new line and of course that has presented me with a request for password. Woops. can I continue or do need to return a line?

Yep, you will need to enter the password and when a confirmation prompt appears press and enter 'Y'...that will install git. After that only you can run the git clone... command.

1 Like

Oops...
Perhaps USB dongle is the easy solution.
Compile driver from git may be a bit too much for beginners.

My recommendation is RT5572 in the picture above.
It is 300bps and works with Linux OOB :slight_smile:

1 Like

Surely @PeterC can try this, if he feels comfortable doing that :slight_smile:

Your right, thats why i posted them in 2 so you would understand :wink:

First write in terminal sudo apt install git and hit enter

Then write in terminal git clone https://github.com/FreedomBen/rtl8188ce-linux-driver.git && cd rtl8188ce-linux-driver && ./install.sh and hit enter

To make no mistakes, copy everything with your mouse and past it in the terminal.

2 Likes

I hope Peterc knows that when pasting into the terminal he needs to use ctrl shift v, and not ctrl v . or use the right mouse button for pasting. Something I did not know when I started with using the terminal.

3 Likes

It would seem I am limited to 5 links and unable to continue at the moment.

I am sorry Michel but everytime I try and respond to this post I am told I cannot because I am still limited to 5 links. So for the moment I am not sure what to do.

Limited ??? did you turn of secure boot ?

He means limited to number of posts here on the forum I think.

I think this will solve the headache for everyone for 13 Pound.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EmNarsissus-Compatible-Wireless-Frequency-Reception/dp/B08MT4DR26/

Ok well another day, another try. Starting up again has left me with a new Terminal page, and so not sure what ramifications leaving the old one unfinished has.
With the 2 suggestions of an alternate dongle maybe under the circumstances that is the way forward for the present. Although in preference I would have preferred to resolve issue through the terminal if for experience if nothing else. Having just tried again it would appear I am still restricted.