Zorin 17.1 pro cursor issue

still looking for help here

It has been about a month since your OP reporting sticky cursor syndrome.
I believe the devs have done a few OS updates since then, as 17.1r1 has also been released.
When you first installed Z17.1 Pro, did you first verify the downloaded .iso against the published SHA256 checksum for that file?
i.e. to confirm not currupted during download.

Have you used Software Updater to install Operating System updates.

Is the sticky cursor when using a trackpad or mouse or both?
Have you had a look at Zorin>Settings>Trackpad ?

i have done the updates and verified them. i dont have or use a trackpad so nothing to do there. this has been a issue since i was on 16. whatever. old issue that never gets resolved

It would be interesting to see if there are any differences between the files that handle both graphics and other types of mouse configuration of a user who doesn't have these problems and yours. Does anyone know where these files are? A search for cursor gives hundreds of results. Also, BenNoyles, is the issue that the cursor appearance is blocked in the wrong state? For example that it stays in the loading animation despite there's nothing loading? Is it this that you meant?

yes... or stays on scroll bar on main pages... resize icon on main pages..i have to spazz the mouse all over the screen to fix it

1 Like

umm i have no .profile

The file is hidden since its name starts with a . so you have to set your file manager to show hidden files until you want to use this kind of files.

i found it but im still lost on where to set the theme in that as i didnt really see a example in a file... can you help there. i saw a mention of flatseal...can you use that to set a theme globally thru the system or is it not as effective as the .profile

This is the content of my .profile:

# ~/.profile: executed by the command interpreter for login shells.
# This file is not read by bash(1), if ~/.bash_profile or ~/.bash_login
# exists.
# see /usr/share/doc/bash/examples/startup-files for examples.
# the files are located in the bash-doc package.

# the default umask is set in /etc/profile; for setting the umask
# for ssh logins, install and configure the libpam-umask package.
#umask 022

# if running bash
if [ -n "$BASH_VERSION" ]; then
    # include .bashrc if it exists
    if [ -f "$HOME/.bashrc" ]; then
	. "$HOME/.bashrc"
    fi
fi

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "$HOME/bin" ] ; then
    PATH="$HOME/bin:$PATH"
fi

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
if [ -d "$HOME/.local/bin" ] ; then
    PATH="$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH"
fi

If you want to try with mine please make a copy of your current .profile and paste it somewhere so if trying with mine you don't see any helpful changes you can restore your own .profile.

you dont have the cursor theme set in there do ya?

i dont know what im supposed to put in there.

advice?

still no fix