Zorin Back-Up Info Needed

Yes I had tried a cheap wired mouse before but I will try it again just to be sure ....

I have Logitech G502 and working without problem wired. If you have wireless one problem what i found on two pc. One wifi was TP-Link 2.4Ghz G/N and another wifi 5Ghz AC. The 5Ghz working corecct but 2.4Ghz connect and recconect with loop. Doesn't matter if this was a windows or Linux. If your mouse is cable or wireless you can trying change port USB or changed drivers for port USB. Poor stick Linux on mouse port od pc,laptop. You also can trying some hub with USB port.

1 Like

Yes my mice are gaming multi-button which up till recently gave me no problems in 10 months ..... I have just plugged in my Bloody T5A wired gaming mouse so I'll see how long it lasts .... if it fails I have an old Vortex wired 2 button mouse I can try .... which I did before ....

Yes I have tried various 3.0 USB ports on the machine but makes no difference .... I also bought an expensive USB 4 port hub .... still nothing .... I updated ALL my laptop drivers over on Win 10 Pro 2 days ago so they are complete ..... if Zorin recognizes them or not unfortunately I have no control over that but I don't see how Zorin can change the factory set of installed drivers .... but who knows ....

Just a slight correction frog it's Timeshift, not a Timeshare apartment! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks I don't know why I keep calling it Timeshare ..... I found out I was spelling it wrong when I went to download some videos on tubbie and they were trying to show me condo rental videos ..... :tired_face: :grinning:

SteelSeries that problem with your mouse?
Because i seeing the problem but when reading all that post I missing what kind a model and here on this all post also talking about back up because that problem.
I bet this is hardware problem. It is finished warranty your mouse what have that problems?

Well that didn't take long for the wired mouse to fail ..... same thing .... lost my right context menu with it .... reset and it showed back up ....

I have one last desperate gasp .... a wire 2 button mouse with no extra buttons or frills ...... made by Vortex .... back to the good old days .... I'll keep you informed ....

Well that didn't take long .... the Vortex mouse fail also .... so now I am going to attempt to use the touch-pad and if it fails there than it has to be software related ....

Not necessarily! Remember the hardware was built for that other OS! :wink:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/catalog/keyboards-mice-gnu-linux

1 Like

I know but the mouse I'm using now worked for more than 10 months with no problems so I just curious as to why all of a sudden it doesn't .... also my touchpad didn't work so good either sometimes the right content button worked and sometimes I had to hit it 3-4 times before it would open .... but then I just updated my Asus drivers and that was one of them .....

I wish I could remember just when this mouse problem came about but it has been at lest 2 months .... or it seems that way .....

I'm back with my first mouse at least I can use ALT / F2 / r to reset the right content menu .... maybe in a feature kernel update it will get fixed ....

Maybe some drivers or software app don't liked both together with a mouse and touchpad. Check what you installed about that two months.

I am back using Gnome instead of Cinnamon for a trial anyway to see if this mess clears up .... I have all my settings back to my normal ones I was using on Cinnamon and it seems for now to be OK ..... may even try Xfce again

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.