Zorin Connect Sync Issues

I'm using Zorin Connect for the first time. I've managed to allow all the permissions on my Samsung Galaxy 10+ for messaging, contacts, phone etc. but when I'm using Zorin Connect on the desktop, it's not syncing all the messages or the correct contacts to those messages. I've been allowing it to sit for about 20 mins. Is there a way to get it to sync properly?

1 Like

Had you set up Zorin Connect with the UFW (Uncomplicated FireWall) as well?

2 Likes

Yeah as Aravisian touched on it, UFW can block the communication between your PC and your phone. An easy troubleshooting method is to totally disable UFW and see if it successfully syncs.

2 Likes

Ok, I've attempted to disable UFW, but I have the same problem with my texts. It's weird, I can load photos and grab files from the device, just texts seem to be problematic. Any ideas?

1 Like

Honestly, I am not sure on this. You might try reinstalling the gnome-extension itself and see if that causes it to straighten out:

sudo apt remove --purge gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

sudo apt install gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

I generally am using KDE connect, since I use the XFCE desktop, not Gnome. I lean toward the "extension" part as being a likely factor of the trouble.

1 Like

Yeah to clarify, Zorin Connect is a fork of KDE connect with Zorin branding. I'll tag @zorink and @AZorin with this as I'm not sure if this issue is exclusive to Zorin connect or also appears in the original KDE connect.
For the time being, I suggest you to install and give KDE Connect a try and see if the issue persists there.
I'm not sure if having both apps installed at the same time results in conflicts so the safe way is to uninstall Zorin Connect and install KDE Connect on both of your devices.
https://kdeconnect.kde.org/

2 Likes

I have both installed with no conflicts but I also am not experiencing the OP's issue.
Zorin Connect has some different innards than KDE connect, however.

1 Like

Thanks. I've done that. So just have KDE Connect on the PC and my Samsung s10+ and it's all working now. Texts send and receive and contacts also are synced. Would be keen to try Zorin Connect again just to keep in the Zorin OS environment, and to see if I can get it working!!

1 Like

Ya it works great, I think the extension just don't work as well as plain kde connect. The only downside is that integration is very poor with Gnome.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.